• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot disable Hardware Acceleration

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After searching for a few days now i have fount somewhere that could possibly help me. I am encountering the error of not being able to disable my hardware accel as i am getting a pink screen while i view streams and things using the same sort of flash player like BBC Iplayer. I have done all of the go into %appdata% things. Done most things but i still have no luck, it just re-enables itself after i uncheck the box and go off the screen. I also cannot click the 3rd party software button either. Please help guys it'd be much appreiciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Decclan wrote:

I have done all of the go into %appdata% things.

Did you delete the Flash Player folders in there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, multiple times and i can't even change any settings so the post you put below i don't even know if it works yet, but i cannot view streams etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. if disabling Hardware Acceleration fixes some problems for you, then you may need to update your display adapter drivers; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2012 May 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem.  Flash player in Firefox causes causes screen to turn pink and distort.  System completely locks up - ctrl/alt/del does not work - holding the power button until shutdown is the only option.  I have the latest flash and the latest graphics drivers.  I have disabled graphic accellerators within the flash player, but it has not helped.  The crashes only occur in flash player apps and happen at sporadic times.  I've been looking into this for a week and I'm totally disgusted.  Any other thoughts?

Windows XP 32 bit sp 3

EVGA GTX 560 driver 296.10

Directx Support 11

Firefox 12.0

Adobe Flash Player 11.2.202.235

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TTDiver wrote:

I'm having a similar problem.  Flash player in Firefox causes causes screen to turn pink and distort.  System completely locks up - ctrl/alt/del does not work - holding the power button until shutdown is the only option.  I have the latest flash and the latest graphics drivers.  I have disabled graphic accellerators within the flash player, but it has not helped.  The crashes only occur in flash player apps and happen at sporadic times.  I've been looking into this for a week and I'm totally disgusted.  Any other thoughts?

Windows XP 32 bit sp 3

EVGA GTX 560 driver 296.10

Directx Support 11

Firefox 12.0

Adobe Flash Player 11.2.202.235

DirectX 11.0 is not supported on Windows XP even if the video card does. That operating system doesn't support DirectX 10.0 either. The last version it will support is DirectX 9.0c. You do however have the latest drivers installed.

You might try rolling back to the previous drivers since it seems to be a common problem with the 560 GTX. That worked for someone who posted on the Nvidia forums: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=227457

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the dxdiag I am only running DirectX 9.0c. I'm not sure where

I saw the 11.0 before.

Any other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TTDiver wrote:

According to the dxdiag I am only running DirectX 9.0c.  I'm not sure where

I saw the 11.0 before.

Any other thoughts?

In your dreams maybe See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Direct3D#Direct3D_10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Decclan wrote:

After searching for a few days now i have fount somewhere that could possibly help me. I am encountering the error of not being able to disable my hardware accel as i am getting a pink screen while i view streams and things using the same sort of flash player like BBC Iplayer. I have done all of the go into %appdata% things. Done most things but i still have no luck, it just re-enables itself after i uncheck the box and go off the screen. I also cannot click the 3rd party software button either. Please help guys it'd be much appreiciated.

Decclan, what's your operating system and is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

Also, which browser are you using and is that 32-bit or 64-bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines