• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create dotted or dash rectangle in Photoshop?

New Here ,
May 05, 2012 May 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Is there any easy way in Photoshop CS3 or later Extended to create "dotted or Dask" rectangles? I am talking about the border of the rectangle to be "dotted or dash" line rather usual line? If there is any Actionscript (free) that will be fanastic.

Thanks in advance...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 05, 2012 May 05, 2012

Photoshop CS6 makes it easy.

With Photoshop CS5.5 and older, the best way is to make a path in the shape you want, then stroke it with a brush that's been prepared with the proper spacing and direction dynamics to cause the stroke to be dotted or dashed.

Generally speaking you can find a lot of tutorials for doing it via Google.  What I might do is to search for something along the lines of dashed stroke photoshop, possibly also adding the word tutorial in the mix, then use the Google Images searc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 makes it easy.

With Photoshop CS5.5 and older, the best way is to make a path in the shape you want, then stroke it with a brush that's been prepared with the proper spacing and direction dynamics to cause the stroke to be dotted or dashed.

Generally speaking you can find a lot of tutorials for doing it via Google.  What I might do is to search for something along the lines of dashed stroke photoshop, possibly also adding the word tutorial in the mix, then use the Google Images search, find one that looks like what you're trying to accomplish, and click through the Website For This Image link.

Here's one of the first I ran across with such a search:  http://www.techimo.com/forum/graphic-design-digital-photography/110702-mini-tutorial-photoshop-makin...

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would be nice if Adobe borrowed code from Illustrator to make dashed lines "perfect" at the corners....too much fiddling around in Ps;

at this point still easier to make some dashed lines in Ai and import into Ps.

Maybe CS7 will have better dashed line capabilities?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines