Known Issues in new skins

Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2012 May 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issues reported in the forums that are being worked on:

1. Not showing count of user messages next to their names in a thread
  2. No "in response to" or item numbers/links in messages in a thread
  3. Status levels are not displaying an image (meatballs, sausages, red bars) or status level name, just saying Community Member
  4. Your Stuff lit link causes user bar items to wrap to a second line
  5. No "show most recent post" link at the top of each thread.(It ssays Latest Reply now)
  6. No "reply to original message" Link
  7. No "go to original post" link at the bottom of the page
  8. No link to last post at the top of the page (same as #5)
  9. Avatars in replies are resampled down and look fuzzy
  10. Concerns about the display font (1 vs l, etc.). Jive's editor uses a different font than the actual message posts.
  11. No navigation links at top of page for threads with multiple pages. If you click into a message that has 2 or 3 (or 100) pages of responses there is no indication that you've been plopped down in the middle of the conversation. This is compounded because the initial message is not differentiated (See #18) and all pages in the thread look alike.
  12. New/Updated threads in a list not as discoverable (still say Updated, though)
  13. Inconsistent placement of the Reply button in different locations between question and non-question threads (Was this Helpful link in the question threads in first position, Reply in first position in non-question threads). Was this helpful slow to load, so buttons move around as you try to click on them.
  14. Advanced Editor not available when replying to posts
  15. Code in messages (via Advanced editor) is very large:
    http://forums.adobe.com/thread/999038
  16. Replies posted by the person who created the thread are no longer highlighted in the thread.
  17. Initial message not styled different from replies. And all replies run together in the seamless gray background (related to #16)
  18. Adobe Employee status doesn't need to be bright orange. But should still be obvious.
  19. Your own posts are no longer styled different from other posts in a thread
  20. Keywords difficult to see (white on gray on gray)
  21. Too much wasted vertical white space on Discussions page (http://forums.adobe.com/message/4383393#4383393)
  22. User Names wrapping under Avatars
  23. The MORE link on the thread list on the Overview page takes you to the Disussions page which makes all the breadcrumb links point to Discussions. It isn't clear how to get back to the Overview page from there (click on the large forum name that doesn't look like a link).
  24. Trademark, Copyright, Registered Trademark symbols unreadable on main forum page
  25. Going back to the list of discussions takes you back to the latest in the list instead of taking you back where you were when you clicked to go into a discussion.
  26. Title of thread not displayed when thread grows to more than one page of messages
  27. If you reply to a message in the middle of a long multipage thread your are taken to the end of the thread instead of staying on the page you were on when replying and it is difficult to go back and pick up again where you were when you posted the reply.

PLEASE NOTE: You may need to clear your browser cache to see some of the updates/fixes as they are released in the forum.

The Forums team is planning reqular releases with new enhancements and fixes soon.  Please report additional items and check back soon for updates on release timing and status.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 245 Replies 245
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I did not have more time before...

I like the cleaner look.

On the discussions lists page, the buttons have a shading, while the rest of the interface seems "flat". Seems out of place, or there is a need for a divider line.

In Safari, I have the browse button/menu below the history one.

There is no "reply" button at the bottom of a discussion, forcing one to scroll up to reply to the original question, and not one of the individual posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Names are cut under the avatars on the beginning of a discussion.

I don't get why it is needed to have smaller avatars for those answering a discussion: they are resampled, looking fuzzy.

On the discussions page, the left side of the "featured discussions" and "discussions" areas are offset to the left, compared the rest of the UI (right side alignment is ok).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding the whole right side Truncated:

Adobe Forums_ Known Issues in new skins-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clear your browser cache if you are seeing the truncation. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just visited a multi-page message thread (doesn't really matter, but http://forums.adobe.com/thread/773101 is the link) and the top of the page does not show that there are other pages to select... you must go to the bottom of the 1st page to be able to select the next page(s)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed a BIG one... the entire Adobe "banner" is mising from the top... I noticed this because I was going to click on Products to refresh my memory what is included in the various suites

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that is part of the new design of adobe.com. Click on the red Adobe logo to go to Adobe.com to get the full header.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When sending a private message, the "send message" button does not have the forum skin, but the OS one.

There should be a few pixels between the avatar and user name on the discussions page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that private messages are phase 2, but will make sure that is on the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of each post there used to be

Report abuse/Like/Reply. Now there is (right aligned):

|

|

Mark as:

and (for own posts)

|

Edit

|

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob. Try clearing your browser cache and let me know if that clears that up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Thank you, that really changed things (I had to look up how to do it). Now all posts are on a grey background but yours that are on white, and the

options are limited to Report (top left) and Reply (bottom right).

Is that what you see?

In another thread I just looked at the answers termed Correct and Helpful had faint (green/yellow) boxes, and apart from that there is only a (faint) line between posts, just as in the old days.

You can see it here, if you have forgotten (you may click the Circle thread, or one of the others that showed how hard and seriously we were working back then in 2004):

http://www.bugge.com/Family-and-friends/Illy/Archive/Chat/chat.html

We seem to be getting somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Employee and Community Professional (and soon a few other groups) posts show up on white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one other thing: it seems that there is no way to know which post a post is answering to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is item #2 in the initial message that started the thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right you are, John.

I apologize. It is more than half an hour after midnight here, so I have been a bit hasty because I really should attend other duties, before the sun is up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite all right! Just want to make sure we're talking about the same issue. Not sure when the engineers will come back online. The deploy took about 14 hours due to various things not related to the actual new skins. So I suspect they are soundly sleeping by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: Avatars in a "line" of their own and with backgoround colour as described in FF, same line as identification of poster in WE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Report button has gone in both setups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking at your own messages? I don't think you can report yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incidentally: in the meantime, things have changed from this

1.jpg

to this

2.jpg

without my doing anything to caches (FF)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like your old cache expired and the browser grabbed the updated stuff for the site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget about my last message: I was only looking at my own messages, and the Report button shouldn't be in them.

And it's nice reading messages without getting a headache (slightly larger typeface?) although lower case "L" and upper case "i" still look the same: Il.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an obvious contradiction in here:

Captura2.JPG

And clicking on thew "3 hours ago" button takeas me to the first message, not to the last...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines