• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 9 - Missing Topics

New Here ,
May 06, 2012 May 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created my project in Robohelp 9.  I notice topics getting "x"d out for no apparent reason even though they were ok the day prior, and were saved and generated.  

Also, on the published version of my webhelp, several topics (when clicked) generate a "Bad Request" message.  I am not sure what is causing these "breakages" and errors.  Thanks for any guidance. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the project located? On your local drive (good) or on a network drive (bad)? Any source control involved?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project is located locally in my work PC's Documents folder in "My Robohelp Files".   No source control is involved.  All of the topic links work when I preview the project, but when the project is published I get "Bad Request" messages on 6 of the topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best practices advises that you create a c:\projects\project_name\ folder structure – shorter is better. Where are you publishing? (and how?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you< Peter and Jeff, for all of your help.  I discovered the problem.  I had ampersands in 6 of the topics.  Those six were causing the problem and as soon as I listed them I saw the pattern.  I removed the ampersands and the webhelp is working flawlessly now. Thanks again.

Julie 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp