• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.swf files not playing anymore...

New Here ,
May 03, 2012 May 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are my .swf files not playing back anymore?  I created in CS5 (Flash) and they used to playback.  Does it have something to do with updated version of Flash player (11.x.x.x?).  When I open my .swf file it seems to open by default to Flash Player 9...

64 bit, Windows 7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Ok, so I think you're going to want the stand alone projector if you want to be able to open the swf by double clicking.  Just installing Flash Player will get you the plugin/active x control, but they won't be helpful unless you are viewing the swf's in a web browser.

Download the Windows Flash Player 11.2 Projector

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2012 May 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you trying to open your swf's?  Are these imbedded on a webpage or are you trying to open them in a stand alone player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris,

I wanted to check it.  I've been able to open stand alone previously, just by clicking on it (after test in Flash CS5).  I've done the updates for Flash Player 11.2.202.233 (ActiveX 64-bit).  I notice that when I try to open it tries to open in Flash 9... Is this the cause?  shouldn't the updates have overidden?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I think you're going to want the stand alone projector if you want to be able to open the swf by double clicking.  Just installing Flash Player will get you the plugin/active x control, but they won't be helpful unless you are viewing the swf's in a web browser.

Download the Windows Flash Player 11.2 Projector

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yay!  That took care of it... it plays now.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines