• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback Settings grayed out in Premiere CS6 trial?

Explorer ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wait for my serial numbers to come in, I am starting with the Production Premium CS6 trial.

I would like to have my second monitor show full screen, but the Playback Settings in the dropdown menu is grayed out.

Is this a "trial" limitation?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

"Adobe DV" enables DV output. "Adobe Monitor 1" is, usually, your primary monitor; I think it actually does full-screen, but it's underneath the application window so it's not much use. If "Adobe Monitor 2" does what you think it should do, i.e. give you full-screen output on the second monitor, then that's the one to use.

If you want temporary full screen on your primary monitor, try Ctrl+`; that turns on "Cinema Mode."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about more information about your hardware and device driver versions?

More information needed for someone to help... click these links and provided the requested information

-http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

-http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416679

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you don't think that the trial version of Premiere CS6 has the "Playback Settings" grayed out in the drop down menu?

It might be my hardware or video driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is your "hardware or video driver" ?

What is your OS and platform?

Whatever..my playback settings are not grayed out with a trial version so thateliminates the "trial version pssibilty"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7 with a GTX 480 and a driver that drives the GTX 480.

Playback settings are not grayed out in 5.5

Do you have a third party hardware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW: It is not a "trial limitation"

I am using a trial version with multiple monitors. (2)

Check your settings when you create a sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I change those settings after I create a sequence to allow playback settings to be accessed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playback Settings are grayed out when I access the Sequence Settings dialogue......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playback Settings is only for third-party hardware use, now. Kinda dumb, I think, but this is all part of the change in the way monitoring is handled now in Pr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting up external monitoring--at least, when not using third-party hardware--is done in the program Preferences now. Go to Edit > Preferences > Playback, and there you can specify which video "device" you want to use. Your secondary monitor will be listed there, along with most of the usual settings you're accustomed to seeing in Playback Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This turns the 2nd monitor on, but it is on until I go back to the "Edit > Preferences > Playback" and turn it off again.

Access in the playback settings dropdown menu is much more conveneint (when not grayed out inexplicably)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, can't argue with that.

And Playback Settings is not grayed out inexplicably--I just explained it. It's only for third-party hardware use now. There most definitely should be a toggle for the external monitor that's more easy to access. I've got a KB shortcut set up to go to the Playback preferences (Alt+Shift+P); not perfect, but it helps a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, there are only three check boxes in that dialogue (for me)

Adobe DV

Adobe Monitor 1:

Adobe Monitor 2:

Checking Adobe DV an/or Adobe Monitor 1 don't appear to do anything....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the last 2 checked and this is what turns on the second monitor - full screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh....Monitor 1 is underneath the Premiere interface if it on Monitor 1.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I guess the reason your Playback Settings from the dropdown menu isn't grayed out is because you have a special hardware--third-party hardware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is really really annoying in this new forum format that one does not know..who one is responding to.

This must be fixed for ease of communication and understanding.

Actually..I have no 3rd party and in fact...I was wrong...

I confused the fact that I had my 2nd monitor working with the "greyed out  issue".

I am greyed out as Colin B reasoning points out.  Not an issue.

I will be reinstalling 3rd party hardware soon to see what it does for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe DV" enables DV output. "Adobe Monitor 1" is, usually, your primary monitor; I think it actually does full-screen, but it's underneath the application window so it's not much use. If "Adobe Monitor 2" does what you think it should do, i.e. give you full-screen output on the second monitor, then that's the one to use.

If you want temporary full screen on your primary monitor, try Ctrl+`; that turns on "Cinema Mode."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ill try that......

Seems like a keyboard shortcut to put that up on the SECOND monitor--and then back off again--now that would rock, eh?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The keyboard shortcut is CTRL+` for full screen. However, some dialogue boxes can get trapped behind there (such as remove effects and audio gain) I'm trying to figure out how to tame that behavior because the program can be completely unresponsive if that happens and the wrong thing is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Experimenting, it seems the dialogue boxes pop up where the Audio Mixer tab is. Not sure if this behavior is consistant. I'll watch it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines