• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

distiller asks for serial over and over

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2012 May 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, installed the CS5standard trial, then later bought it, uninstalled the trial, installed the bought version, entered serial. but now when i open Distiller, he asks me to enter serial - i do, and its the right serial, he accepts - and asks me again, and again.

so he doesn´t accept the serial and open the programm. what can i do??

i appreciate any help, thanks!

(i can´t find anything in programms that indicates that the trial version is still there, only adobe air uninstaller is older - shall i uninstall this?! it´s got nothing to do with CS, right?)

answers can also go to trailor@gmx.at

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move the following File on the Desktop and then check:-

• On Windows XP and Windows Vista, the cache.db file is located in Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache
  • On Mac OS X, the cache.db file is located in Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Manish,

i tried it, copied the cache.db on my desktop, deleted it in the AdobePCD file, restarted Mac - same problem

the other programms (PS; IN; ILL; Reader) work fine, its just distiller.

any more ideas?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or rather, the adobe application manager, which opens when i try to open distiller. ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried reinstalling it solely, but still the same, now acrobat pro x as a whole doesn´t work: it always asks to enter serial, and when i do, the same window pops open again! H

elp, anyone? please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i found the solution in another forum: i just switched the language of the operating system (my mac) to the same as the language of the purchases CS, and suddenly it works, no problems. WEIRD, and good to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines