7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2012 3:43 AM by TMHeiser2 RSS

How do I add THTML as a PHP file type?

TMHeiser2

The method I used in previous versions of Dreamweaver doesn't work.  I tried editing the Extensions.txt and the doc types xml.  Thank you.

• 1. Re: How do I add THTML as a PHP file type?
          Ben Pleysier CommunityMVP

When you have set the server model as per

_Capture.jpg

any new files will have the PHP extension.

Gramps

• 2. Re: How do I add THTML as a PHP file type?
            TMHeiser2 Community Member
            1. The server I own doesn't host php only. I use a variety of different file types on that server.  I don't want them all to be PHP files by default, I want to add the ability to open and edit thtml files.  How do I add that ability to CS6.
            • 3. Re: How do I add THTML as a PHP file type?

Hmm, CS6????

The example I showed is on a defined site basis. Normally one would not mix different server type fiels within a site. But if I do want another file extension, I go to File -> New Document and choose the file extension as per

_Capture.jpg

Gramps

• 4. Re: How do I add THTML as a PHP file type?

That works when the file type you want is listed there, but unfortunately thtml is something that has to be added if you want to edit those files.  In all previous versions of Dreamweaver, I've been able to add the thtml extension (a file type used with Cake) by editing two files in the program.  That isn't working on the new version.  Fortunately, the old Dreamweaver is still available so I use it to edit the site that uses Cake.  I'd love to remove it though, if I can get thtml added successfully.  Thank you for trying to help out. I do appreciate it.

• 5. Re: How do I add THTML as a PHP file type?

On my machine I go to

Computer>System Disk(C:)>Users>myName>AppData>Roaming>Adobe>Dreamweaver CS6>en_US>Configuration>Extensions.txt

There is probably an easier way to get there, but I only go there when DW gets tangled up.

Gramps

• 6. Re: How do I add THTML as a PHP file type?

I'd like to try once more...because this still isn't working.  I did, as I have in previous versions of DW, edited the DocumentTypes.xml and Extensions.txt files to add thtml to the php file types. I still cannot open a thtml file to edit. I am using CS 5.5 to edit this one site using thtml, and CS6 to edit all of my other websites.  As a full time web designer/editor, this is a bit of a pain. I'd much rather edit all of the sites I work on with the one program.

Can anyone tell me what else I must do in DW CS6 to be able to edit thtml files?

Thank you!

Theresa

• 7. Re: How do I add THTML as a PHP file type?

I added the THTML extension to the same files again today, and finally, I am able to edit thtml files.  Not sure if there was a fix along the way with an update that allowed this to work now, but regardless, I'm back to using just one version of DW. Life is good.