Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random problem

Contributor ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My ball turns just once and stops where it began after one circle.Meaning 360 degrees; what if I want it to stop at 275, or 160. Help, suggestions,  will be appreciated. Thank you. I can make it turn as many times I want to, but the ball always end up at the origin of mouvement. Timer ???  And Randomize it ?

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not enuff info.

how are you making it turn just once? and by turn, do you mean rotate (like the hands of a clock)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I click on a button, and the ball turns a full 360 degrees in a circle. I want it to stop anywhere in the circle randomly. Sorry for the choice of words, I mean rotate along a circonférence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how does the ball rotate? timeline tween or code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

code. I am thinking of using frames to solve my problem, although it want be as elegant as something happening randomly. I am going to choose 7  situations ( frames )  each with a different currantAngle

currentAngle<-.5;

currentAngle<-.7;

currentAngle<-.9;

currentAngle<-1.5;

-------

--------

and so on. Each click will take me to different frame.The user won't notice a thing hopefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

var newRotation:Number;

var myTween:Tween

myButton.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, onClick);
function onClick(e:MouseEvent){

newRotation = Math.random() * 360;
   myTween = new Tween(myBall, "rotation", Strong.easeOut, myBall.rotation, newRotation, .5, true);
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Giving me error messages. What did I do wrong? I copied, pasted the script and drew a ball and a button.

Scene 1, Layer 'as3', Frame 1, Line 7 1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Tween.

Scene 1, Layer 'as3', Frame 1, Line 9 1180: Call to a possibly undefined method Tween.

Scene 1, Layer 'as3', Frame 1, Line 9 1120: Access of undefined property Strong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i thought you would know to have this up at the top of your code if you didnt already:

import fl.transitions.Tween;
import fl.transitions.easing.*;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you for your help, but that was not what I was looking for. I am trying to make a roulette, but the ball stops always at the same place, as you can see below. I will do some fine tuning for the sound later.

http://www.er.uqam.ca/nobel/m340201/test/roulete.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i cant help unless you show your code and explain the setup. without that we can only guess

whats the code for your button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines