7 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2012 2:52 PM by Jeff A Wright RSS

What is error message 106?

Photoess

This message popped up at the end of my attempt to download a trial version of Elements 10.  How do I resolve it?

• 1. Re: What is error message 106?
          Jeff A Wright Employee Hosts

Where are you trying to download the install files too?  Which operating system are you using?

• 2. Re: What is error message 106?
            Photoess Community Member

Trying to download to my C harddrive.  I have a PC and use Windows 7.  Just tried to download a trial version of Elements 10, again.  At the very end of installation, a box continually popped up saying I needed to close Adobe Bridge. (Yes, I have CS5, but haven't learned to use it yet and need Elements to complete my final class assignment.  I didn't have Bridge open, or any other Adobe product, other than the download assistant.  Despite repeated attempts to retry installation, the final message was this:

The wizard was interrupted before Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 could be completely downloaded.

Below mentioned application has failed to install:

Shared Technologies.

Been using Photoshop Elements 8 but two weeks ago was unable to use it.  Instead, I got a message saying I had to download Adobe AIr, or something. Message said to uninstall Elements 8 before downloading, so I did, thinking that it would reinstall, but it didn't. WAs that a joke application?  Why would I be told to uninstall something?  I uninstalled Adobe Air and decided to go with trial version of Elements 10.  Needless to say, I'm reluctant to turn off any other suggested programs like anitvirus or firewall as some Adobe instructions state.  What;s the solution?

• 3. Re: What is error message 106?

Ok Photoess it appears you are installing the software.  To close the Bridge process you will want to go to your Task Manager and locate the Bridge process and end it.  You will then be able to complete your installation of Photoshop Elements successfully.

• 4. Re: What is error message 106?

Ok, closed Bridge process. Sorry to be so ignorant, but do I have to begin the download process all over again, or is there a secret hiding place for what's been downloaded that I can locate and continue with installation?

• 5. Re: What is error message 106?

The default location is your User folder.  I would recommend checking there.  Otherwise is there a different place you might have chosen to download the install files too?

• 6. Re: What is error message 106?

Found today's download, also the one from yesterday. Would the procedure be to delete yesterday's file and then do what?

• 7. Re: What is error message 106?

From the information provided you need to run one of the installers and close the Bridge process via your task manager.  Your install process should then proceed normally after that.