Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Video to Cp5.5 using embed code

May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I have a video I need to include in a Captivate Course, but I'm having a hard time converting it from .mov to .flv.  The Adobe Media Encoder says it can't read the source. Is there any way I can use an embed code in Captivate 5.5 instead?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EMBED code is HTML.  Captivate content is SWF launched in an HTM wrapper.

If you cannot convert to FLV, have you tried getting it into F4V format instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion, Rod!  It led me down a path where I finally found my answer.  For some reason, the videos I was trying to convert wouldn't do so in the Flash converter that came with Captivate 5.5.  I did stumble across the converter for Captivate 5 still on my computer, and using that converted most of the files.  The few that still would not convert, I had to get from the video creator in Flash format. 

Not a real solid answer, but at least I got what I needed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources