Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed to initialize

May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having great trepidation trying to download Reader and Flash Player on Windows XP SP3- both begin download only to stop at 50% with "failed to initialize" error.  Deinstalled everything Adobe, took firewall off, restarted, etc.  Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to successfully install Adobe Acrobat X Pro Trial but that did not help with Reader and Flash Player install.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does it stop with an error message? If there is an error message it'll probably be easier to troubleshoot.

I see that you've tried firewall etc. But I wonder if this is still a permission issues.

1. Are you logged on as an administrator? (You probably are, as you did manage to install Acrobat trial, but no harm in double checking)
  2. I'm wondering is Window's UAC is denying acess. See http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Turn-User-Account-Control-on-or-off and give it a spin
  3. An anti-virus is preventing installation. Turn-off anti virus for a while and try.

Thats all I can think of right now. let us know if any of these help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines