• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide web app pagination

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I hide the pagination in web apps...viewing source I can see the code, but can't find where I can disable it within BC (or Dreamweaver)?

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Hi,

I would suggest looking into your module stylesheet file and update the pagination reference to "display:none".

Before:

webapps2.png

After:

webapp1.png

Hope this helps!

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would suggest looking into your module stylesheet file and update the pagination reference to "display:none".

Before:

webapps2.png

After:

webapp1.png

Hope this helps!

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With what editor are you looking at the module stylesheet file?  I opened it with dreamweaver and was unable to veiw inside the modules.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is how you hide it but if you need to not have any pagination rendered at all adjust the module to show more products per page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely correct Liam!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sidney and Liam...good to know that I can get such quick responses from this forum -- first time I've used in the new format...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for info - I had this problem but only wanted to turn off pagination on some of my lists and leave it on others - so turning off the pagination for all in the module would not work for me.  I simply added

.nopag ul.pagination {

display:none;

}

to my CSS and then was able to switch off the pagination on a list by list basis by adding

<ul class="nopag">

{module_webapps,etc...}

</ul>

Pretty obvious - but I find these snippets of advice/code useful, so posted one of my own!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was SUPER helpful. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do be aware from an SEO standpoint that the links still exist, and Google will index the dynamically generated pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm having the same trouble, but need to remove the pagination completely from the source code as Google is finding it and marking it as bad links.

I understand your repsonse Liam Dilley that lisplaying more items would remove the pagination, however it is vital that I do limit the amout of results to just 3. Why is there not a parameter of 'number of results'. of results' rather than 'results per page'. This is surely something that needs to be worked on as I can't be the only one who has discovered this is detrimental to SEO?

Any help would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this isnt the BC answer you were looking for but in Webmaster tools you can tell search engines to ignore parameters. Here is an example of all the parameters in a normal webapp paginated url

?PageID=10835467&A=WebApp&CCID=15251&Page=3&Items=4

I would set the webmaster tools to ignore all of the url parameters. So in this example i would say ignore: PageID, A, CCID, Page and items.

I wish that we had the option to turn off pagination and show most popular by views in Web Apps but this will atleast help with your seo concerns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2013 Dec 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found this to be very helpful.

Rather than using the default list layout put the same markup in a .tpl file and point the module tag to that file.

Like so:

our demo.tpl  is located in /Layouts/WebApps/DemoTPL directory

37475 is the ID of our Demo WebApp.

Module tag:

{module_webapps,ID,filter,totalResults template="relative url to tpl file"} (totalResults is just for this tpl example)

Example:

{module_webapps,37475,l,4 template="/Layouts/WebApps/Recipes/demo.tpl"}

This will render only the latest 4 items from the Demo WebApp. (no pagination).

BC loops over the list layout for each item in a web app but it only loops over the tpl file for the number specified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example:

{module_webapps,WEBAPP_ID,l,4 template="/path/to/custom/template.tpl"}

This will render only the latest 4 items from the  WebApp with no pagination.

I found this answer to be the most useful for eliminating any links to pagination results. Thank you percipiobc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is just the nature of that case, this wont solve the pagination issue until BC offer up a paramater to disable it Latest items case is one that never has had pagination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please everyone if you want to achieve this with the new named parameter, this would work:

{module_webapps id="1234" filter="latest" render="item" resultsPerPage="1" itemId="1" }

The above syntax will display the first latest webapp item on the page without pagination. I hope this helps. If you want to display two items, just make the resultsPerPage="2" and itemId="2", and so on. The problem is that the documentation says

• itemId - the category ID or the category name

Which is infact untrue. Someone needs to correct this documentation asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do it to show more and observe the behaviour, also do it for all filter and observe the behavior. Rendering as a collection and doing your own loop is the full 100% proof way of no pagination with how things stand at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Liam,

Can you elaborate? I have been trying to find a way to display webapps with NO pagination. Even if you set results to =9999 it automatically paginates at 500, and I was intending to use a custom template for an array in a code snippet.

Of course, since there are almost 2000 items, as soon as the number hit 500+, my code broke because of pagination <ul>!!

Have been working with BC and custom webapps since Good Barry and am (sort of) javascript savvy, but I am only starting on Liquid. I feel like there should be a way to do this with the new markup. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BC only ever outputs a maximum set of 500 items across the board. You can not in no way at this time fully load all items from a web app, even if you ajax them. Ajax loading through pagination gets you so far, but if those pagination items go beyond a certain level you can not effectively iterate through that amount. Large numbers there of course considering 500 per set, but it still will hit a limitation.

There is no way at this time for you do do anything with liquid to show more then 500 web app items.

I am trying to finish the last parts of an app and then sort the video/documentation for it. The app has several web app utilities, one is giving you a json file of all web app items so you can use liquid to loop through more then 500 items or use javascript on that data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines