Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to open documents

New Here ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to launch a document I am getting two messages:

1) "Resume pending tasks. One or more downloads are not finished. Do you want to resume pending tasks? Ok or Cancel"

2) "Error getting license. Server communication problem: E_ADEPT_XML_SYNTAX"

I have deauthorised & reauthorised 2 different user accounts, and tried different documents but am still getting both of the above messages.

When trying the account on another pc I am able to launch the document, so something on this pc needs fixing.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled adobe digital editions.

Please help.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

delete the 'tasks' folder in your (My) Digital Editions folder (which will be in your (My) Documents directory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that but still not working. I also went a step further and deleted the whole digital editions folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well Error #1 only occurs when something went wrong in a previous download, and the state for that is stored in tasks folder, so deleting the tasks folder shold have taken care of #1.

For #2 have you talked to tech support for place you purchased the book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines