• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW050 errors no matter what I do

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried installing my PS6 upgrade 4 times on 2 drives, including uninstalling, rebooting, and running as administrator. I still get DW050 errors on 5 components.  They include PDF, mini bridge, CRT, and switchboard. What can I do to fix it? I'm about ready to give up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Well, after scouting around elsewhere in these forums, I found a suggestion to move the installation folder from the desktop to the C root drive. I did this with both Premiere CS4 and Photoshop CS6 and YAY it worked. I still got the scratch disk error that kept me from opening PS6, but I found a suggestion elsewhere in the forums to go to the user profile and remove the preference files for PS6, then open the program using run as administrator, and move the scratch disk from C to another drive (

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All these would indicate conflicts with shared components or previously installed versions, so short and to the point: Get rid ofg everything Adobe, run the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool and reinstall from scratch.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALL Adobe programs? Seriously? That is half the programs on my computer; you are talking a major reload on the computer. Can I just uninstall Photoshop if I have an issue with Photoshop? The Creative Suite Cleaner instructions say you can run it and it won't interfere with other Adobe programs. I am confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed Photoshop CS5 and Premiere, the only programs the cleaner would recognize. I rebooted between each and afterwards. I then ran the photoshop CS6 setup as administrator. I got the same thing.

Exit Code: 6

Please see specific errors and warnings below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DW050 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 7 error(s), 0 warning(s)

----------- Payload: {92D58719-BBC1-4CC3-A08B-56C9E884CC2C} Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86 1.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: Install MSI payload failed with error: 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.

MSI Error message:

----------- Payload: {7E91BB17-16A1-42CE-9502-D6C98BE04920} PDF Settings CS6 11.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: Install MSI payload failed with error: 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.

MSI Error message:

ERROR: DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR: DW050:  - Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - PDF Settings CS6: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Mini Bridge CS6: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe SwitchBoard 2.0: Install failed

I am also getting this when I try to open PS6: Could not open a scratch file because the file is locked, you do not have necessary access permissions, or another program is using the file. Use the Properties command int he Windows Explorer to unlock the file. I have no idea where this file is, and I cannot open the program to modifiy the properties of the scratch disk. I am about to give up and return Photoshop 6.

I have a 6 month old high end Windows 7 machine; PowerSpec Intel i7 cpu, 960 @ 3.20 GHz 3.19 GHz with 12 GB ram, 64-bit Operating system. There is no reason this program should not run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the exact same errors here. (except for the pdf error)

Win 7 x64 truing to install only the 64 bit version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after removing PS5 and Premiere CS4 and running the cleaner, I still could not get PS6 to run, so I gave up, uninstalled it all, ran the cleaner again, and reinstalled PS5. However, now I am unable to reinstall Premiere CS4 and I am in the middle of an important project. It just tells me there is an error in setup and contact Customer Support. This just keeps going from bad to worse. HELP PLEASE! I need my Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, after scouting around elsewhere in these forums, I found a suggestion to move the installation folder from the desktop to the C root drive. I did this with both Premiere CS4 and Photoshop CS6 and YAY it worked. I still got the scratch disk error that kept me from opening PS6, but I found a suggestion elsewhere in the forums to go to the user profile and remove the preference files for PS6, then open the program using run as administrator, and move the scratch disk from C to another drive (in my case D). Now Photoshop is working, and so is Premiere! Hope this helps you Jbee11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines