Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 H.264 Blu-ray 5.1 Dolby

Community Expert ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6

I don't seem to have the option of Dolby Digital 5.1 sound export from the H 264 Blu-ray preset.

I have not activated the Surcode plugin yet ( I'm waiting for the code email) but the Mpeg 2 dvd and Blu-ray give the 5.1 option.

Richard Knight

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just spent 90 min on the phone to Adobe support. It seems there is no Surcode option when exporting H264 Blu-ray files in CS6 there was in CS5 and 5.5 The problem has been refered to the next level of support!

The work around I am using is to export the pictures with H 264 and the surround sound with MPEG 2 Blu-Ray.

How was this missed during Beta testing, could I put my name forward as a tester for CS7

Richard Knight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an email I received from Surcode.

Hello Mr. Knight,

Unfortunately this is an issue within CS6. One workaround you can try is to select "Do not Trascode" under the export transcode settings menu. This disc will, however, not be able to be duplicated (I am assuming your attempting to author a Blu-ray disc through Adobe Encore). Your only other option is to purchase Blu-ray disc authoring software such as NetBlender. This software will allow you to author both an H.264 and Ac3 codec onto a Blu-ray disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AS far a I understand encore has no way to take blu-ray to replication anyway. Encore lacks the security lock (AACS)  that all replicated blu-rays require. therefore the only options with replication of blu-ray to begin with is do-studio, blu-print, or scenarist. (that's how it was with cs5 anyway)

EDited to add: n/m I completely misinterpreted the OP. too much multi-tasking today. Info still stands for replications, but as far as the DD 5.1 I don't work with that, so I have no advice I hear adobe fixed the DTS issue in encore though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Two points to answer your initial post:

First is that you need to use the H.264 Blu-ray (Legacy) option in Premiere Pro and AME CS6 to access Surcode Dolby. This is why the "(Legacy)" option is there. We encountered a late technical problem which prevented us from hooking up the Surcode encoder to the new H.264 Blu-ray encoder (the non-legacy one). We therefore decided to keep the Legacy encoder available so all functionality from CS5.5 is preserved.

Second is that none of the presets enable Dolby audio; by default they use PCM. If you want to use Surcode then you need to edit the settings manually. You can save those custom settings as a new preset.

-=TimK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find the 'Legacy' setting I don't have anything that says that in my presets list.

Richard Knight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it, It is only in AME not in Export from Premiere. I always use Export rather than Queue so that any scaling is done by the GPU.

Richard Knight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a preset, it's a different option in the Formats list. This is how it looks in the Export Settings dialog:

H264BR_Legacy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No legacy options in my  windows build (319).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Richard noted, this option is in AME and not in the Export Settings dialog you see in Premiere Pro. Sorry about the confusion (I'm an After Effects guy, but I minored in AME).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are only two legacy options in H264 BluRay and they are for dv 480 and 720.

The other legacy options appear when you select the DV legacy option in AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann, that doesn't sound right. Please post a screenshot of what you're seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what i see when i open the export settings.

no legacy.png

I select a preset and hit queue: AME opens.

legacy ame.png

I select the DV legacy and go back to the export settings when i get this.

legacy 3.png

Hope this makes sence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard - You're looking at the list in Premiere Pro. The Legacy encoder options don't appear there, only in AME. I don't know why that is and have asked a colleague on the Premiere team about this.

Ann - The preset you are selecting is the "Match Source Attributes" preset for the legacy H.264 Blu-ray encoder. It will match the frame dimensions, frame rate, field order and PAR of your source. Open the settings for that preset to confirm this. It is not a DV preset.

I think what may be confusing you is that the Frame Size column summarizes the frame dimensions as 720x480. This actually isn't true, AME is using "720x480" as a placeholder for "Whatever the frame rate of your source video really is", which is too long to fit in that field. (Note that the Frame Rate column lists "var. fps" for that preset.) This is something of a bug, or rather a design decision we didn't fully resolve in CS6. Sorry about the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting no Legacy options in Premiere export Dialog OR AME CS6 in my Adobe Cloud downloaded setup. One of my main things I was anticipating was PCM surround instead of AC3, but now I apparently have neither!

Screen Shot 2012-05-11 at 8.21.30 PM.png

Edit: I'm apparently missing quite a few presets in my install! I have no DVD presets, nothing under "other", HDV, or MPEG-2 options!

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

geffy - Can you post a screenshot of what your format list looks like? Do this:

1) Add something to the Queue in AME.

2) Click the drop-down menu in the Format column (should get a list like: AAC Audio, AIFF, DPX, F4V, etc.)

3) Take a screenshot of that.

We are currently investigating a problem where AME, when installed with Premiere Pro or After Effects via Creative Cloud, does not have the MPEG2 or Dolby encoders. I suspect you're running into exactly that, and I just want to confirm.

Regarding the Legacy encoders, yes, you do have them. The two presets for "Match Source Attributes" that are in your screenshot belong to the H.264 Blu-ray (Legacy) encoder. (If you widen the Format column header in the Preset Browser panel, you can see the full names. Also, the menu I asked you to take a screenshot of will confirm this.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this thread mean that we can't create and author a DVD or BD with 5.1 surround sound using the Adobe tools like multi track Audition and 99 tracks of Premiere Pro? With such powerful audio tools why should Adobe look for a 3rd Party to accomplish this? I really don't get it. I recall years ago when I last used Pinnacle Studio 9, it had the option of creating a 5.1 surround sound although limited to two 2 audio tracks in the timeline.

I am cutting a low budget movie right now with CS5.5 but can't figure out how to export my foley, SFX, dialogue and ambience from different angles to create that surround system by just using the renowed Adobe tools.

This suite includes video editing, visual effects (AE & PS +IL) and AU for the audio, so how can I get this to give me the surround feeling without leaving the timeline and dynamic link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

srukweza wrote:

Does this thread mean that we can't create and author a DVD or BD with 5.1 surround sound using the Adobe tools like multi track Audition and 99 tracks of Premiere Pro? With such powerful audio tools why should Adobe look for a 3rd Party to accomplish this? I really don't get it. I recall years ago when I last used Pinnacle Studio 9, it had the option of creating a 5.1 surround sound although limited to two 2 audio tracks in the timeline.

you can create it, you just can't trasncobe it without the surcode plug-in which is $250 (last i checked) still a steal for fully license DD5.1, but if you want to do any 5.1 (DD or DTS) you do need an external encoder (dts) or a monetary plugin (DD)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should this be solved by a third party when  Adobe has got a complete Production Suite?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

srukweza wrote:

Why should this be solved by a third party when  Adobe has got a complete Production Suite?

its always been this way. adobe used to work out a deal with surcode to get a discount. don't know if they still are... but, thats how it has always been. evidently, surcode is a fully licensed version of DD5.1, meaning you can even use it for major productions, and be able to boldly advertise you have DD5.1 without being sued. its legit DD5.1 if adobe packed that in, they would have to raise costs, and the consumer would pay. since not everyone uses DD 5.1 (i'm on of them) why should we have to pay for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 23, 2012 Dec 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

srukweza wrote:

Exactly. This is supposed to be a full production package, I'm not saying DTS, but at least Dolby 5.1 should be included. I had to buy Sony Vegas to have that capability, which I got for only $99 because I had a previous version and they were running a one day promo, but if a $500 NLE like Vegas has it, it can't be that expensive to include, especially when you're trying to market Premiere as the new NLE of choice for pros.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2012 Dec 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a difference between the licenses from Dolby Labs with Sony, and with Minnetonka Audio/SurCode, who supplies the DD 5.1 SS Encoder for Adobe.

There are those, who would gladly pay more for PrPro with the DD 5.1 SS Encoder, there are others, like myself, who already own a couple of licenses for it, and then those, who have no use for it, and would balk at paying for something that they did not use, or need.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the screenshot, I can confirm I'm missing MPEG-2

Screen Shot 2012-05-11 at 9.25.09 PM.png

It is ridiculous that we can't export to 5.1 out of premiere. I thought the partnership with DTS would bring this about? or was this a dropped feature? http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dts-alliance-adobe-brings-dts-120000997.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

geffyb wrote:

It is ridiculous that we can't export to 5.1 out of premiere. I thought the partnership with DTS would bring this about? or was this a dropped feature? http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dts-alliance-adobe-brings-dts-120000997. html

article states:

"Adobe Systems Incorporated has integrated DTS audio technology to enhance the upcoming release of Adobe® Encore® CS6 software, the latest 64-bit version of the disc authoring software tool designed for video professionals, which is included with Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and Adobe CS6 Production Premium. The software’s integration of DTS-HD Master Audio™, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio™ and DTS Digital Surround™ technologies enables users to publish Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD disc images with up to 5.1 channels of surround sound for an immersive audio experience and condensed audio file size, which increases multi-device compatibility. "

which is true. encore now handles DTS-MA which it never did before. so the deal they worked out was a success in that regard. the deal never said anything about adding DTS encoding to PrPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

geffy: Over the weekend we released a 6.0.1 patch for AME CS6 that fixes the problem where the MPEG2 and MXF OP1a encoders are missing in AME when installed via Creative Cloud.

Apply the patch by choosing Help > Updates in AME or any other CS6 application. Please try that and report back if it fixed your problem.

Everyone: there are a number of other bug fixes in this patch as well, it is a recommended update. Here's Todd's initial post about it. We'll be posting more detailed information about this patch in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines