Generating both webHelp and pro

When I go to "VIEW" a topic I get the below error

An error has occurred in the script on this page
Line 41
Char 1
Error 'keywordsHelp' is undefined
Code 0
URL: XXXXXXX

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

YES and NO (BUTTONS)

IF i go "NO" or "YES" on the above my Help window will open up but on the status bar on the right hand side it will keep on showing "Error on page"

Please help

Thank you all

Kewal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2006 Oct 24, 2006
To the best of my knowledge, RH does not insert any onLoad events. It looks like the template you have has that onLoad event (I don't know how it got there) but there is no javascript file referenced so it errors.

If you do not need that onLoad event, then take it out but how did it get there? Is this an inherited project? Be careful that it is not something that should be there and what is wrong is that there is no javascript file referenced. Talk to one of your developers, they will understan...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2006 Oct 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First look at Line 41 in the javascript file for a clue. Also check that path to the javascript file is correct and that the javascript file is in the baggage.

If still not working, post the code that calls the javascript file and the reference to the javascript file from the heading of your topic.

Does this script work in other topics?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thx for your reply.

I dont have any javascript file in my project.
The only javascript code in my project is by RH.
The error on Line 41, would change with different Topic. eg some would show error on Line1.

Please help

Kewal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Looking in to more details, the error "Error 'keywordsHelp' is undefined" I looked into the TrueCode for this and its a body onload function which is defined in the .htt file (template) that I've created.

The function is - <body onLoad="keywordsHelp.doReplace()">

Kewal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the best of my knowledge, RH does not insert any onLoad events. It looks like the template you have has that onLoad event (I don't know how it got there) but there is no javascript file referenced so it errors.

If you do not need that onLoad event, then take it out but how did it get there? Is this an inherited project? Be careful that it is not something that should be there and what is wrong is that there is no javascript file referenced. Talk to one of your developers, they will understand.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it is possible that the javascript file is referenced but you have not got the path wrong. Look in the head section of your topic to see if any javascript file is referenced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

I deleted the function from the body tag in TrueCode of each and every topic and the .template and its working now.

I had imported the template from another project that I had created, I guess there must be a function defined, which was the problem.

Thank you lots.

Kewal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp