2 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2012 11:03 AM by Mylenium RSS

Multiprocessing settings with 32GB Ram. Need some help...(CS5.5)

Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone here is able to help me fine tune the multiprocessing settings in CS5.5.

System specifications:

Windows 7 X64

Intel Core i7 3930k (hexacore). So With hyperthreading enabled this comes down to 12 Cores

32GB Corsair memory

120gb Vertex 3 SSD

I read everything I could about multiprocessing settings on this page: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/543440

But the table giving recommended settings does not go higher than 24GB. I tried a lot of different settings with giving more and less ram to other applications and so forth, but not one setting really gives the performance I am looking for. Render times as a such are not that bad but it's the waiting for the background processes to start thats killing me. Everytime I do a RAM-Preview AE will freeze for a couple of seconds before actually starting to do some work. I realize this has something to do with the amount of memory I give to my processing threads, but I cant find the right balance it seems.

Since I work with a lot of HD footage I set the amount of RAM per thread @ 3GB.

If someone can help me out with this I'll be very gratefull!

With regards,