• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can you build a .php page into Robohelp project?

New Here ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to build a .php page into my RoboHelp project so folks that don't have Outlook can send me feedback on the information in the published project.  Right now i have a feedback button that appears on all topic pages. Anyone who clicks the button will open Outlook and can send me feedback.  Someone created a .php page (very simple form) that will link to from a new button. This will allow someone without Outlook to send me feedback.

Is it possible or does anyone know how I can create something similar within RoboHelP?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PHP has to be supported on the server hosting the help but even if it is, I doubt it can work within RoboHelp.

Why use that approach though? See Snippets on my site where there are methods of creating a link that will create an email.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can’t you just add the file is as a baggage file? RoboHelp doesn’t understand, but it leaves baggage files alone.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have to take the non-email approach because the person sending the message does not have outlook so they can't send emails.

I thought if I could create a basic form, they could click a link or button to open the form and send me feedback on the RH project info. After they enter their text on the form, they would click Submit and it would go to an outlook mailbox. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp