• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe X Pro Application Manager error

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the trial version of Adobe Acrobat X Pro. When I try to use it I receive a message that "application manager failed to initialize." I have tried doing a repair installation, uninstall and reinstall and still get the same message. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

It’s actually a purchased version. I purchased the Student and Teacher Edition. I have to initially download it as the trial version then I have to submit my verification to obtain a serial number in order to use it after the 30 day trial. I just purchased it on 5/8/12 and received it on 5/9/12. I have submitted my information to obtain the serial number already, just waiting on the serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have any other copies of Acrobat installed on your computer?  What have you tried so far to resolve your difficulties beyond repairing, removing, and reinstalling?  Finally what version of Windows are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 2. The only thing I have is the free version of Acrobat X. The only other thing I have tried is making sure all windows updates were up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to remove Adobe Acrobat X Pro from Program & Features successfully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it is uninstalled right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok you mentioned that you get the error when trying to open the program.  Do you receive any error messages when you install Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. At the end of the installation it tells me that when I initially access the program I will have to enter my product code but I have never been able to access it to enter my code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that your trial has expired then.  You can either purchase the software or try it on a different computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s actually a purchased version. I purchased the Student and Teacher Edition. I have to initially download it as the trial version then I have to submit my verification to obtain a serial number in order to use it after the 30 day trial. I just purchased it on 5/8/12 and received it on 5/9/12. I have submitted my information to obtain the serial number already, just waiting on the serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok then once you receive the serial number you will be able to continue using Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem

Windows 7 64 bit successfully running Adobe Acrobat X (for years) until a few days ago. Automatic update occured (Automatic updates in the past have never broken it before) Now everytime I start it up I get:

Adobe Application Manager, required to start your trial, is missing or damaged.

Please download a new copy of Adobe Application Manager from http://www.adobe.com/go/applicationmanager

As far as I know nothing else changed. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exasperated I have taken the following steps:

1. Uninstall Adobe Acrobat X and Re-Install Pro 10.1.0 From Installation Disk - Same Adobe Application Manager Error

2. Uninstall Adobe Acrobat X, Downloaded and installed Adobe Pro X Trial Version - Same Adobe Application Manager Error.

I get the feeling that the automatic update was for another of the Adobe products on my system and somehow that has screwed up Adope Acrobat X?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Now found this series post on the web:

http://www.lawsitesblog.com/2011/03/maybe-i-need-to-give-up-on-adobe-acrobat-x-pro.html#.T66QhMVQR4o

http://www.lawsitesblog.com/2011/04/thanks-to-adobe-for-fixing-my-problem-with-acrobat-x.html#.T66Qx...

So going to try this solution:

His fix was surprisingly simple. He had me create a new user account in Windows with full administrative privileges. He then had me log in as that new user and install Acrobat there. Once I logged back in under my usual username, there was Acrobat and it worked seamlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thanks. I will give that a shot.

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exhausted! And what feels like a million re-starts later installing as another administrative user did not work for me! Still getting the Adobe Application Manager Error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got my problem fixed doing an online chat with technical support. He provided me a link to download the adobe application manager and works perfectly now. Took all of 30 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try installing adobe application manager from here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 31, 2013 Dec 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem as well, since as long as I've owned the  product (same, student edition). Yes, it's fixable by downloading that link, but why should we have to keep doing that? Has anyone found a fix? Thanks!

Windows 7, 64bit, Acrobat X Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 31, 2013 Dec 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wondering if it has to do with registering/ signing on to Adobe? Just a thought. I  hadn't done that since I  reinstalled this program a month ago. Wondering, because after I signed it, it said thank you for registering this program. Maybe that will connect the dots? Time will tell

(Initial error, entered here for search/tag purposes: adobe application manager, required to run your product, is missing or damaged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines