• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clicking only works on some items in flash games

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2011 Dec 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just had to restore my Dell Latitude D610 laptop by reinstalling Windows XP Pro (32-bit).  Before I started having problems with the laptop, the flash game that I play regularly was working fine.  Now, I have downloaded the latest version of Flash Player from the Adobe website and installed it.  I also downloaded and installed shockwave just to make sure that wasn't the problem.  The game that I play loads up fine and some items that I click work fine.  Other items do nothing when I click them when they used to work fine before.  I thought maybe it was my touchpad driver, so I reinstalled that with no improvement.  The game works fine on my desktop computer.  It's really strange because my game appears as normal, but certain items won't work when clicked.  It's as if a certain mouse click event isn't working or something.

Any ideas?  I've tried everything I can think of.  Even updated my embedded graphics card driver.  I also tried an external USB mouse, and it still doesn't work.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 29, 2011 Dec 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to do is the check Device Manager to make sure that everything is as it should be and that there are no black exclamation marks inside yellow circles anywhere. If there are, then it means that the drivers haven't been installed for that particular device. To access "Device Manager",  go to Start | Run, type: devmgmt.msc and click OK.

If you find an "Other Devices" category, then it means that the operating system found the device, but can't identify it. If that one is present, go to Start, then Run, type: msinfo32, open the "Components" tree and then click "Problem Devices". It should tell you in there what it is that's not installed properly.

Here's the online manual which might be of some use to you: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latd610/en/ug_en/index.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. Have you ever gotten it resolved? I tried what was suggested re:the device manager but that isn't the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have even uninstalled and reinstalled several times, cleared cookies, tried everything ...so frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, yes, I just did that and restarted and still have the same issue. Is there no way for me to go back to Adobe Flash version before this one? THe last version worked perfectly. OR, alternately, If i have to uninstall adobe flash, is there another program I can use for my games,videos and music?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can definitely go back to a previous version.  I'd recommend the latest 10.3 version listed on this page:

Archived Flash Player versions

Just remember you need to run the stand alone uninstaller first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines