• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 10.1.3 crash on quit

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the upgrade to Acrobat 10.1.3, now Acrobat crash after every quit. (running on MAC OS X 10.6.8)

Suggestions?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having.  Is Acrobat 10.1.3 crashing every time you quit the application?  Does it matter if you had a document open or not at the time of quit?

Try moving the Acrobat preferences file \Users\<username>\Library|Preferences\com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist (or .Standard.plist) to the desktop, then relaunch/quit Acrobat to see if the behavior continues.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the same problem as ArchiPhone2.

After the upgrade to Acrobat 10.1.3, Acrobat crashes after every quit. (MAC OS X 10.6.8)  Acrobat 10.1.3 does not quit the first time you launch the application, providing you do not open a document or access the Acrobat General Preferences dialog box. After opening a document or accessing the preferences, Acrobat will crash every time you quit the program. It does not matter if you have a document open or not.

Moving the Acrobat preference file does not correct the problem.

Crash Log: (Moved to URL below.)

http://www.goodcopy.com/file_download/0aa935b1-3460-483a-badb-41e4ed7c6d2a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 10.1.3 crash every time I quit the application. Doesn't matter if I have a document open or not at the time of quit.

Moving the Acrobat preferences file to the desktop does not correct the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 14, 2012 Apr 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, except Acrobat 10.1.3 is crashing when I close a file, not when I quit the app. How do I "repair the installation?"

Also, I tried moving the plist per David's suggestion, but to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, Is anyone at Adobe responding to this problem?

The solutions proposed seem extreme and not addressing the problem. Everytime I quit Acrobat I get the message that the program has unexpectedly quit. I am selecting the program to quit so what gives. It is unrelated to any other programs running on my Mac. This only started after I updated to 10.1.3. If there was a simple way to uninstall the update I would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue running 10.1.3 Pro in Windows 7 64 bit. Since the update it will report a crash every time the application is exited. It

does not matter whether or not a file is open or closed before exiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the same config almost as you are with Windows 64bit and acrobat if you are willing to try something it might work like it did fot me.

All i ask is you let me know if it worked for you too

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\plug_ins  there is a plugin called Weblink.api just change it to weblink.api.old and see if you still crash if you dont then it has worked on more then 10 computers if it doesnt then yours is the first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happens here after update to Acrobat X 10.1.3, both on Windows 7 32bit and 64 bit. Acrobat crashes always on closing with the following error:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Acrobat.exe

Application Version: 10.1.3.23

Application Timestamp: 4f7bc871

Fault Module Name: Acrobat.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.1.3.23

Fault Module Timestamp: 4f7bd9b8

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000bdf75

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

It crashes only on exit if a document is open, it does not crash during working with documents (like adding boomarks, adding or deleting pages etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happens to me. After update to 10.1.3, every time I quit the application it crashes. Doesn't affect the software but is very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem. Acrobat pro 10.1.3 and windows 7 64bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your Acrobat installation may be corrupt. Have you tried to repair the installation? Then restart.

If that does now fix the problem, you might have to uninstall Acrobat X, restart, reinstall Acrobat X, and install the updates. Then restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kenifriedman. Repair seemed to work for me. KCH it is control panel>programs and features. Select Adobe acrobat X Pro, then choose Change from the options at the top. this will open a series of dialogue boxes and you want to choose "Repair".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that repairing the Acrobat X installation worked. Whenever I have problems like this one, I often repair the installation rather than going through a tediously complete uninstall, reinstall, apply update, and restarting the OS every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, kenfriedman & Alasm49a. To clarify, I'm working on a Mac platform, OS 10.6.8. I can find no way to repair the installation on a Mac. I need a Mac-friendly solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Enfocus Pitstop Pro installed? When i remove the plug-in Acrobat quits normally... I have opened a ticket on Enfocus support site… waiting for reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, EIFI, but no, I don't have Enfocus Pitstop Pro installed on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2012 Apr 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some news from Enfocus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about some news from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't heard anything from Adobe or Enfocus here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Repair installation" installation does not work for me (Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit), Acrobat 10.1.3 still crashes on quit.

In addition to that, also the Acrobat plugin for Firefox crashes on exit of Firfefox with the error "Plugin container for Firefox has stopped working", once more "Acrobat.dll" causes the crash.

My workaround at the moment: I keep some small PDF file always open, this avoids the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repair installation did not work for me, either (Windows 7 64 bit).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that this is a cross-platform, Acrobat 10.1.3 bug that affects a variety of users. Has Adobe addressed it yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KCH LTD wrote:

It seems to me that this is a cross-platform, Acrobat 10.1.3 bug that affects a variety of users. Has Adobe addressed it yet?

Not yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling?

I also would check the Adobe web site to see if they a "clean-uninstall tool" to completely remove all instances of Acrobat X before reinstalling. Perhaps another participant give more specific information if there is such a tool for the Mac and provide a link. This still sounds like a corrupt installation of Acrobat X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines