• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Adobe Bridge Cause Random Downloading Probs--and if yes, how do I get around it?

New Here ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled and restarted my computer just to try to get rid of this error code--it won't let me download or access other Adobe programs I've paid for and now can't use.

The message I get is asking me to close Adobe Bridge. But I don't even have it anymore!! Totally frustrated.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, can you check Task Manager and see if the Adobe Bridge process is running on your computer? If you don't find it running, you might want to do run the cleanup tool and retry.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response...but...

I tried the task manager and Bridge doesn't show.

Then I tried the cleanup tool and it wasn't listed.

I've even looked in my Adobe file directories for anything relating to Bridge. Nada.

I'm still stumped. But I'm grateful for the advice--if this wasn't me with my bad luck, well, it would probably have worked.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you clicking on button/checkbox to show processes from all users in task manager?

Regards,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is the only user on this computer. I've never used bridge before and just found out on other adobe forums that this is a common problem, that it can't be fully uninstalled without taking out my Photoshop---which I have spent a great deal of time developing...not an option.

So here's my next question. WHY hasn't Adobe updated the product, come up with a solution, or done SOMETHING to alleviate the frustrations of their paying customers? Adobe products are not chump change. And Bridge cost me about 10 hours of downtime (and a restful night's sleep) because I couldn't download my new products. Why wouldn't the company take the next step to assure customer satisfaction instead of letting SEVERAL of their customers (who may not be for long) get angry and have to find out through a forum that there is a product issue AND THEN expect customers (who've paid a lot for their products) to fix the program and go through all these extra steps--or just intutively know how to fix it--and cost them time and trouble?

Doesn't seem like a brilliant customer service strategy. Instead of being all excited about Cloud services and enjoying my products, I spent a night furious that I couldn't download anything and had trouble fixing it (which I have already). It drained every ounce of "post-purchase glow" out of it.

Let's see, Adobe...there are alternative products for your programs out there AND they're less expensive AND they don't have problems that those companies continue to ignore. Disregard for customers and their time and experiences with your products can be a huge tactical mistake.

Yes, I'm grateful that this employee of Adobe was kind enough to try to help me figure out what was happening--but with how long CS5 has been on the market and how many befuddled customers have had to turn to this forum for help, I am left wondering why Anirudh had to try to help me...why a fix wasn't offered. I mean if you can update Acrobat a billion times a year, why not fix this glitch??? It doesn't make sense.

So thank you, Anirudh, and I'm sorry that you work for a company that disregards your time as much as it does mine. You've been a kind person to attempt to help with my issue--but again, you should not have had to in the first place if your company had an ounce of caring about their customer's satisfaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sparkygurl,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I feel your pain and understand what you are going through. Please understand that Bridge also runs a process in the background if you choose so on its first launch that can cause this. I can say that we are very committed to give you the best experience possible, however, no one can be perfect. I sincerely apologize for your lost time and would you be willing to have a connect session with me to try and see what the issue is? If so, check your Private Messages.

Regards,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if this helps, but you might try the steps listed here:
https://help-internal.adobe.com/content/help/en/creative-suite/kb/error-installation-cannot-continue...

If you're still struggling please contact our technical support for assistance.

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines