• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFMail not sending

Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2006 Oct 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form that has two pages: the form itself, and an action page. The form consists of text boxes, radio buttons, and a place to attach a document. On the action page I have used cffile to save the file to the server, which it does correctly, and then a cfmail tag to send the e-mail with the file attached-- this is where I'm lost! The file saves to the right place, but the e-mail is never generated and I don't get any kind of error message to point me in the right direction. I think it might have something to do with some kind of missing <param> code, but I'm not too familiar with that. Please help!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 24, 2006 Oct 24, 2006
Depending on your CF server's setup, you might need to specify the server in your cfmail tag. Also many e-mail servers require the 'from' address to be an actual e-mail address on your mail server.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2006 Oct 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't double post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2006 Oct 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on your CF server's setup, you might need to specify the server in your cfmail tag. Also many e-mail servers require the 'from' address to be an actual e-mail address on your mail server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I think I got the mail server thing added in, and all of the e-mail addresses should be within the same domain, but now I am getting an error that says "Element TITLE is undefined in FORM." In my form, "title" is a series of radio buttons -- do I need to define these in a special way so that they carry over correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I got it, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation