• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating JavaHelp layout off Imported Word doc.

New Here ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am importing two Word docs (.docx) and generating JavaHelp layout using RoboHelp 9.  It is generating only one .htm file i.e. just one topic for each Word doc.  Is this good for context sensitive help (i.e. Help menu on different GUI will open the relevant section) ?  In older RoboHelp, I saw many topics (i.e. .htm files) were created based on the Header levels (e.g. Header 1,2,3) I selected in Import wizard.  RoboHelp 9 did not let me set the Header levels for splitting the Word doc, so I am wondering what I have missed.

Thanks for any hint.

- Arefin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have seen a button for editing Word doc settings in the Conversion Settings dialog - that allows you select your style to paginate (break into topics) upon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks.  I saw that option to edit the setting, but I am not sure how I tell RH to make topics by splitting down to Header 3 (1,2, and 3).  There are the Heading list under "Paragraph" under "Word Document Setting".  So, do I select Heading 3 and select the Pagination check box?

- Arefin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You select pagination for every style you want. So if you want new topics for Headings 1, 2 and 3, you tick Pagination for each of those styles.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp