• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SSAS app publish live streaming to iOS device

May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm writing a SSAS application, publish live streaming to clients by RTMP protocols (eg. rtmp://localhost/toPublish/myvodfile,  myvodfile is Stream name).  And  I'm using some flash player as Jwplayer or OSFM connect my rtmp link, it good.

How do iOS device can view this live streaming ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if i get you right what you are doing is publishing a VOD asset as live stream - am i right and now you want the same "live publishing" to be available for iOS - right?

I am not sure how are you doing the publish of VOD asset whether you are using Stream.play or using NetStream and publishing it to different application. Basically you can use both of the option but with some changes

If you are using Stream.play method of doing things - you need to create Stream object with f4f prefix and also record the stream.

If you are using second method of Multi-point publish of using Server-side NetStreams - just go ahead and publish to "livepkgr" application.

Now coming to second part once recording part is done (recording part achived in above step would give on the disk f4f and other releated files). Now you need to have bundled Apache installed with you and you can "hls-live" module of Apache to get iOS Streaming done. Once you confirm your recording is working fine and i am assuming for simplicity sake you are using second option and publishing to "livepkgr"  - just use this URL "http://<server-ip>/hls-live/livepkgr/_definst_/<eventname>/<streamname>.m3u8 (since you would not be giving event name while publishing your <eventname> would be same as <eventname>

Sorry i have written bit in hurry - plesae try out as you understand and feel free to put follow up queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SE_0208,

Thanks your reply. You right, I have an application "MP4PublishonLoad"

In MP4PublishonLoad, I using stream.play and publish to client over RTMP. But it not support iOS device.

I was try multi-point publish from MP4PublishonLoad to livepkgr. It seem to be working fine.

myStream = Stream.get("myvodfile");

myStream.play("mp4:sample.mp4", 0, -1, true);

nc = new NetConnection();

nc.connect("rtmp://localhost/livepkgr");

ns = new NetStream(nc);

ns.attach(myStream);

ns.publish("livestream?adbe-live-event=liveevent", "live");

But when MP4PublishonLoad has event stream.play("mp4:sample.mp4", 0, -1, true), I want play other video immedialty, then livepkgr crash, show NetStream.Record.NoAccess and Stop in logs, can't received data transfer from MP4PublishonLoad.

How do I fix it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all your files same - i mean do they have same codec combination?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my files have same code, it captured from FMLE with H.264, AAC and Keyframe Frequency is 4 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please tell me how can I play this url using netstream in AS3?

ns.publish("livestream?adbe-live-event=liveevent", "live");

myStream.play("mp4:livestream.mp4", -2, -1, true);  This url not working but myStream.status messessage shwoing the following message

NetConnection.Connect.Success

NetStream.Play.Reset

NetStream.Play.Start

FMLE_Live.png

Please suggest me how can I play this URL in Flash AS3 Netstream video player.

Please suggest me for same url how can I play in HTML5 video Player.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

While trying to playback you don't require to add 'mp4'. Just try with myStream.play("livestream", -2, -1, true).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Apurva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Apurva,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response. It is working fine.

Best regards,

Sunil Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines