• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

version incompatibility Access/RoboHelp

Engaged ,
Oct 24, 2006 Oct 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of you wanting to use Rick Stone's method of editing the .mpj in Access to make buttons stick, I found out that newer versions of Access may not be compatible. I do use an old version of RoboHelp but since even the latest release of RoboHelp is getting on in years I wanted to call attention to this. Access reported that it couldn't edit because the format was old but then it promptly rewrote my .mpj file (reducing it from 1.8MB to 500kB), which then trashed my .hhp file.

Another reason to keep backup files around.

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2006 Oct 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi John

Yes the database was written for Access 97. I have nonetheless managed to open it in later versions, compact it and then save it as the older version. I don't recall the exact steps but it can be done.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp