6 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2012 7:59 AM by InaBech RSS

Camera Profile Re-Installation LR 4

InaBech

I have upgraded to LR4, but none of my camera profiles show up. So, I tried to manually transfer the relevant folders and files to reside as subfolders under Library-App Support-->Camera Raw 7.  However, this did not work.

I would appreciate it very much if someone could tell me how to properly re-install the profiles.  I use several different cameras, so I have an extensive list of Adobe and custom profiles.

Thanks,

ina

• 1. Re: Camera Profile Re-Installation LR 4
          InaBech Community Member

I forgot to mention that I am using the Mac version of LR4 and it is installed on a MacBook Pro running the latest version of Lion

Ina

• 2. Re: Camera Profile Re-Installation LR 4
            Ian Lyons CommunityMVP

Camera profiles will only appear in the list on a camera by camera basis. In others words, if you select an image shot on Canon 5D then only profiles specific to the 5D will be listed.

• 3. Re: Camera Profile Re-Installation LR 4
              InaBech Community Member

Ian:

I have been using Camera Profiles since they came out in LR2.  I am seeing none of the profiles, only the single default embedded for ANY of my cameras.  When I upgraded from LR2 to LR3, to view the profiles, it was a simple matter to transfer the profile folders and files to from LR2 to LR3.  Now in LR4, I have done this and NONE of the profiles are showing for any of my present or past cameras.

• 4. Re: Camera Profile Re-Installation LR 4
                Ian Lyons CommunityMVP

In terms of your custom camera or lens profiles Lr4 uses the same profiles from exactly the location as it has done since they were introduced. If they're still in that location then there is no reason why Lr4 wll not find and use them when appropriate.

They do not belong in the Camera Raw 7 folder, nor 6 nor 5 nor 4 etc. On Mac, the lens and camera profile folders should be located in Users/~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw (no space)

• 5. Re: Camera Profile Re-Installation LR 4
                  Jim Wilde Community Member

One other thing to check: "embedded" is normally the only profile available when working on derivative files such as Jpeg or Tiff. Are you definitely working on Raw files?

• 6. Re: Camera Profile Re-Installation LR 4
                    InaBech Community Member

I have SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!

It had nothing to do with Lightroom.  The problem was that, this week I installed the Photoshop CS6 update and had not pointed to the preset folder from CS5 in the CS6 preferences.  Once I did this, all my plug-in and presets appeared in CS6 and, then, when I next opened Lightroom, the presets were available in Lightroom as well.

Thanks Ian and jim01403 for trying to help,

Ina