• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can´t I sell e-products that are bigger than 100mb?

New Here ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can´t find any information on this and I can´t see how can I upload a file bigger than 100mb size as an e-product. It seems strange to me as 100mb is not that much.

Thank you very much

Nicolai.

TOPICS
eCommerce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Hi Nicolai,

Unfortunately the max limit is set to 100MB and cannot be updated at this stage. 

As a workaround If needing additional storage you can use an external storage like (dropbox, etc).  Then for the e-product file upload the instructions (doc, pdf, txt) for the customer on how to access the product once they purchase.

Hope this helps!

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicolai,

Unfortunately the max limit is set to 100MB and cannot be updated at this stage. 

As a workaround If needing additional storage you can use an external storage like (dropbox, etc).  Then for the e-product file upload the instructions (doc, pdf, txt) for the customer on how to access the product once they purchase.

Hope this helps!

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick answer.

I see, will do that, but that is not very professional however.

Best,

Nicolai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice to see BC allow for larger downloads. And with larger downloads the ability to purchase (at affordable rates) more bandwidth. Any possibility of this happening in the relatively near future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BC can either hook into the cloud or just allowe Amazon S3 integration.

You have a 100mb limit but then you can choose to store literature items/other media via Amazong. If you enter your details it shows a connection to upload/download on the S3 for a folder that specific for those means and only stored there. Something along those lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix this.   

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured out a way to at least have the links for each customer checkout include the same limiting functions that are options for BC downloads under 100mb, such as a time limit and limit the number of downloads?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Herbert,

I found a solution a while ago which might help you all out. What I did is created a blank HTML document with the following code in it then update the link to the address of your file. Once you have done that upload the HTML doc - what it does is automatically redirects the person to the file and starts downloading it. It is probably not 100% secure for your content but is the best method I have found to date.

Let me know what you think.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

<title></title>

</head>

<body>

<script type="text/javascript">

<!--

window.location = "http://www.yourdownloadlink.com/download.zip"

//-->

</script>

</body>

</html>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks TwofoldCreative.

I put together a test of the solution you posted.  It would work in terms of getting the product to the customer.  I really don't like the extra step for the customer, the lack of security, and loss of control over who can access the file(s), though.  Still it is the nicest work-around I have tried for this problem. 

So here is another plea to BC to get this fixed.  150mb would allow me to offer most mp3 albums in 320kbps quality.  200mb and I wouldn't have to worry about a 75+min album getting in under 150mb.  Or, just allow multiple files to be downloaded as one product in the catalog.  For now I have to make mp3 albums 192kbps quality, and it is just scraping the bottom of the barrel of acceptability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines