6 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2012 4:19 PM by kevin4545 RSS

Making a stylized text identity plate problem

kevin4545 Community Member

When doing this for a pdf or slideshow, the text I enter is at 1/2 way point down of the little white box. CANNOT figure out how to get a new line of text. I hit enter and that just closes the window.  So I have to make one long line, and even then it starts to dissapear from view at the bottom of the window. thanks!

• 1. Re: Making a stylized text identity plate problem
          Ian Lyons ACP/MVPs

To get a new line you need to hold down the Alt/Option key when ta[[ing the Return key.

Note, above defintely works on Mac platform, but some users have indicated that it doesn't on Windows.

• 2. Re: Making a stylized text identity plate problem

Ian, thanks, another thing. When I click back on the identity, LR deletes the three rows of text and leaves only the first two words.

And again, the top half of the box is white, and the bottom fills up fast to point you cannot even see what's going on.

• 3. Re: Making a stylized text identity plate problem
              Ian Lyons ACP/MVPs

Kevin,

The identity plate isn't particularly user friendly (imo only one step up from useless). Have you looked at the possibility of using 'custom text', which is an option under the ABC menu just below the content window in Slideshow menu. With it you can type the full text of the content you want to display then insert the cursor at relevent break points before hitting Alt/Option+ Return. This way you can see everything you want to write. The same trick can be used with Idnetity Plate but the number of characters visible is a lot fewer.

• 4. Re: Making a stylized text identity plate problem

Ian, thanks, will that be on end page -- can you can specify

where this ends up?

Also, another big deal: there is a zoom to fill screen, and it fills fine in LR, but does not fill up at all in the PDF.  The actaul pdf I made had huge grey borders.

• 5. Re: Making a stylized text identity plate problem
                  Ian Lyons ACP/MVPs

The custom text can be dragged to any point on the screen or the border. Attached screenshot shows an example.

The zoom to fill screen issue will likely be because your screen dimensions are not equal to the size you chose when exporting the pdf. For example, the screen might be 1500 by 1300 pixels and the pdf was saved for 1600 by 1200 pixels. Personally, I find that exporting the images as TIFFs sized as to fill the actual screen size (from above 1600 by 1200) then reimport. My slideshow will be built using the resized TIFF files.

custom-text.png

• 6. Re: Making a stylized text identity plate problem

Ian, thanks 1) but that wont make a nice end page, as with using identity correct? I just want one end page with Name, number, email. I think your method puts text on every image.

Hard to understand that last bit.  My fields were at a generaous 2400 x 1440 set to screen.