• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Showing a correct selection for matching quiz questions (Captivate 5)

Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm working on set of quizzes for some training modules and I've run across an issue with creating matching questions in Captivate 5. Testing has shown that the matching quiz questions are too difficult without some sort of immediate feedback (ie. Question #1 is matched with answer A, immediate feedback as to whether it is correct or not). I saw that there was a feature avaiable in Captivate version 3 that would allow this, but I can't find it in Captivate 5. Is this feature present in Captivate 5?

If not, I'd be interested in hearing your feedback on how to make these quiz questions more user friendly. Would it be possible to show which answer selections were correctly chosen without making the quiz-taker redo the entire slide? Is it possible to give immediate feedback when one answer selection is incorrect?

Thank you for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my understanding is Cp5/5.5 doesn't 'judge' the question until you press 'submit.'  This is good because it allows people to change their answer before submitting.  It's bad, well, because of what you described. 

When it grades the question it sees it as a whole, not individual questions, so when it resets to retake it, it resets everything, even the right responses.

again, my understanding.

if they're struggling with the question, maybe there's a different way to present the content that will give the appropriate level of difficulty?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Captivate Matching question

In real life each correct response gets a mark while in Captivate you have to get them all right to get a point for the question. Will there be a version where each correct response gets part of the mark. The current marking system is unfair and the punters are revolting. (torch and pitchfork revolting, that is.)

Thanks heaps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Partial scoring is not (yet) possible in Captivate. If you want to have that, you can achieve it by creating custom question slides. Reporting to a LMS is not that easy as well in that case. Do you need to report?

I have been blogging a lot about creating custom questions. Here is the link to a list with posts about using Widgets for them (have other posts and articles as well):

Widgets and Custom Questions

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri

Thanks heaps, will have a look at Widgets and Custom Questions.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this video about Partial Scoring in Captivate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCjYzHejMdk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod.

It was helpful in some ways. I hope matching questions will get its deserved attention by Adobe, shortly. I will have to look deeper if your recommendation can be used for matching questions.

Thanks heaps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to build really engaging matching questions that do not require users to enter text, I suggest you look at drag and drop widgets.  Infosemantics has just upgraded it's Drag and Drop Lite Question Widget with about a dozen new features including the ability to mouse over an object during Quiz Review mode to have the draggable objects move to their correct positions to show what the correct answer would have been.  Very cool new feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources