• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find and Replace

May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Simple yes or no question hopefully! I need to find and replace a segment of text and would like to action this for the whole project as opposed to individual topics. Can't seem to see a way to do this in RoboHelp 8? Am I missing something or does this need to be done on a topic by topic basis?

Thanks,

AM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are better off using a proper find and replace tool like FAR HTML for this sort of thing. Trust me it is well worth the small expense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not quite that simple. The feature you want does exist in RoboHelp 8, it is called Find and Replace in Files and is on the Edit menu. The problem is the search is confined to single lines, which is the case with many text editors as well. If you can be certain the find string will always be on one line, proceed with caution as the find works at code level.

If you need something that works across multiple line, you need something like FAR or dnGrep.

Do back up your project first though. These tools can wreck a project faster than they can do what you want.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok - thanks both.

I think the Find and Replace in Files function will probably work for my requirements but will ensure I take backups at each step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp