• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player EULA not accessible

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To install the Flash Player, it is necessary to click the "I have read and agree with the EULA", or something like that.

However, the EULA document for Flash Player 10.3 is not accessible on the Adobe web site. It looks as though the PDF file is corrupt or something.

http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/

http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/pdfs/PlatformClients_PC_WWEULA_Combined_20100108_1657.pdf

Secondly, a 3.3 MB file for an EULA? That's quite amazingly large for an EULA.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if you look at the bottom of this message page, it is there also. See if that works better.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. That link takes me to the same EULA page. So no, it is no improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/eula/flashplayer10-3.html

I'm not sure what EULA you are looking for, but what you have and this one above is all I know about.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cmcqueen1975 wrote:

Secondly, a 3.3 MB file for an EULA? That's quite amazingly large for an EULA.

It's because it contains EULA for all Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't that amazingly unhelpful. It's like giving someone the entire legislation of their country to help settle a simple border dispute. By the way the Flash Player 11.2 EULA pdf file is not accessible either. Someone at Adobe HAS to take responsibility for improving the client experience, including the EULA issues surrounding the software. Or is everything run by committee, we know how that usually pans out 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was one year ago; things have changed since.

And what do you mean by "not accessible"; I have no problem opening http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/pdfs/PlatformClients_PC_WWEULA-MULTI-20110809_1357.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean, when a Flash Player update invites you to read the T&C's (EULA) before installing, a link is provided to click. Clicking that takes you to a web-page where everyone (including computer novices) have to seek out the correct EULA for the product they wish to install (how nice -and easy -it would be to just direct folks directly to the correct EULA instead of using the intermediate link).

Clicking the flash player client link directs me to a PDF that will not open in either Acrobat Reader or Foxit Reader or Opera browser. The fact that you sent me a link to a DIFFERENT file that does work but may or may not be relevent to me (and just happens to throw a few dozen languages at me with no link to get to the one required -English -speedily does not dispute my claim that user experience is not high on Adobes priorities. In fact I wonder if any Adobe staff ever take the trouble to read the EULAs they throw at us plebs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the rant, it's just that I'd prefer not to have to make the effort to find a forum, search it with varying degrees of success for relevent posts, join the forum and post a reply just to make a simple point: Adobe should K.I.S.S. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle if they want to keep clients happy and well-informed. Or maybe they'd rather we were kept in the dark. Anyway just think of the feedback they must be missing because most people will not have the sheer stamina to do what I just did.

It seems the programmers do the best work in most IT organisations. Most others just let the side down. That's my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines