Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discussion vs Overview Mode

Advocate ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe folk -

In the various Premiere Pro forums that I frequent, it looks like there's a bit of inconsistency with the "discussion" and "overview" modes of viewing.  If I start at the top level of the Premiere forum and click on, say, the CS5, CS5.5, & CS6 section, it opens it defaulting to "overview" mode, as seen below:

adobe2.png

If I read a post and then use the links at the top of the page to return to the forum menu:

adobe3.png

It returns me to the right place, but it's in "discussion" view mode:

adobe4.png

The rest of the Premiere forums are like that as well.  Is that intentional?

jas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jas,

Is that intentional?

Certainly. It is the new way of gently guiding you to use Discussion rather than Overview view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

Certainly. It is the new way of gently guiding you to use Discussion rather than Overview view.

If that's the case, then it makes sense to make Discussion view the default when I choose a Forum from the main menu.  The inconsistency is a bit weird.

jas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason, do you remember if you had Overview or Discussion set as your default tab before the update?

When I follow your steps using the breadcrumb trail after reading a thread I go back to the Overview page, not to the Discussions page. Here are my steps:

GO to the Premiere Pro CS forum: http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/premierepro_current

Click on one of the threads listed, such as http://forums.adobe.com/message/4406701#4406701

Click on the Premiere Pro CS5, CS5.5, & CS6  link in the breadcrumb trail

That takes me back to the Overview page that I started on.

But if I click on the Discussions link at the end of the breadcrumbs, I do get to the Discussions page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

Jason, do you remember if you had Overview or Discussion set as your default tab before the update?

I had the Discussions tab set as my default, but the first time in, it opens in Overview mode for some reason.  I've cleared caches, but that hasn't mattered.

jas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like they are somehow forcing Overview on initial visit. But once you are in a space your old default setting is applied to the breadcrumb items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

It seems like they are somehow forcing Overview on initial visit. But once you are in a space your old default setting is applied to the breadcrumb items.

If I go back out to the main menu with the various Premiere forums (CS5, Hardware, Lounge, etc) and then click back into one of the sub-forums, it returns me to Overview.  It's really weird.

jas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same weird behavior, even if I did set discussions as my preferred view for many forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pierre,

It's usually the same here. I say "usually," as some forums DO open in Discussion View Mode, some of the time, but most do not. Discussion is my default for all popular forums. Sometimes that does come up, but sometimes it does not. Might work for half a day, and then reverts to Overview,  for maybe the next 2 - 3 views of that forum. It seems to have a mind of its own.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines