• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create superscript or subscript text in Muse?

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find anyway to do superscript or subscript text in Muse. I eventually may need this for math equations, but right now I simply need to have one superscript number.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Hi VFEpedals,

Apologies for the confusion here. You can use super/subscript text by creating a Character style that utilizes the super/subscript tag:

Screen shot 2012-05-14 at 10.39.40 AM.png

1. Select the text you want to make super/subscript.
  2. Click the page icon in the Character Styles panel to create a new Character Style.
  3. Double-click the style that was created to open the Style Options.
  4. Give your style a unique name, and choose the Superscript or Subscript tag to be used for the style.

You can then apply this style to text throughout your

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

You can create superscript or subscript text by going to Insert HTML tag and then put in the data and use the correct tag in it.

Go to a page, click on Object > Insert HTML and add the text with the HTML tag  with the text. Click OK .

To know about how to add the text with the tags please go to following link: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_sup.asp

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be more specific about this, as I am not versed in code. Inserting that HTML tag seemed to do nothing when I tried to insert it into a text box. The point of Muse is to not have to deal with code, right? Superscript/subscript seems like an simple & obvious text feature to integrate into the software. The outdated & unsupported iWeb software even can do this.

If this has to be done with HTML code, where do I go to edit the HTML of a text box? If I have to insert HTML code to create the entire text & text box, what code do I need to create a text box & indicate a non-web font? Here is the link to the page where I am trying to do this. Every number "3" in the title "Distortion3" need to be a superscript (as in "Distortion Cubed").

http://vonrutter.businesscatalyst.com/distortion3.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi VFEpedals,

Apologies for the confusion here. You can use super/subscript text by creating a Character style that utilizes the super/subscript tag:

Screen shot 2012-05-14 at 10.39.40 AM.png

1. Select the text you want to make super/subscript.
  2. Click the page icon in the Character Styles panel to create a new Character Style.
  3. Double-click the style that was created to open the Style Options.
  4. Give your style a unique name, and choose the Superscript or Subscript tag to be used for the style.

You can then apply this style to text throughout your site.

Note: You won't see the effects of super/subscript in Design view, but you will in Preview and when previewing the page/site in the browser.

Best regards,
Corey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had tried this, but nothing seemed to happen. I guess it doesn't show up until you click "Preview". Once I did that, I saw that it actually did work, and it looks right after I published it.

Also, this didn't work at all on non-web fonts. I'm guessing that solution uses HTML code, which won't work on fonts that are rendered as images. I just created a new text box for the one thing I wanted to superscript with a non-web font.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the instructions, Corey.

I, too am trying to do this. It seems to work with web-based fonts,  however when I tried to superscript text onto non-web-based fonts, it doesn't seem to work when I preview in browser.

Is this correct that it doesn't work on non-web-based fonts that are rendered as images?

Is there a way around this so it does work for non-web-based fonts?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create superscript and found this post with instructions. As I follow them and click on the Style menu, I only have options for:

- h1-6

- Marquee

Your screenshot shows a lot of style options that don't appear on mine, including superscript. Did you create all of those? Or how do I get mine to show up?

I'm using v4.8 Build 8 CL774415.

Thanks!

anita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update

Even though I don't have the choices you did, when I named the style Superscript, it did turn the characters into superscript in the Design view. However, even though I only had a small TM highlighted, it changed the entire paragraph to superscript. I reverted and tried several times, but I can't seem to change only the highlighted characters, it changes the entire paragraph no matter whether I use superscript after typing or before.

What's up?

anita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I too need the superscript function built into Muse. I don't care to start researching how to use HTML; in fact, I am regularly using Muse because I don't ever want to code pages "by hand" in the same way that I do not want to know Postript or PDF language just so I can create a vector illustration ... I work in the medical device insdustry and we have to reference everything that we open up to the public. Superscript is mandatory. So, please stick to explaining Muse functions without mentioning adding HTML code. If something cannot be done with the existing tools, that's fine, Muse is a grwing App and there is room for improvement. Adding a superscript text style option would be  great to have in the next release. HTML explanations move the App backwards. Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this and it does works fine on the latest Chrome, Safari and IE 8 but not in Firefox.

It adds more spacing/leading/padding to the line above which makes the text looks funny. NEED to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI...The latest version of Adobe Muse CC (2014.3) adds direct support for superscript/subscript via the Text panel.

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines