• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Update Loop

Explorer ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to buy Lightroom 3 but cannot. Adobe website has affirmed that I have installed the current version of Flashplayer, but when I try to buy the software it says I need to download the latest version of Flashplayer; loop infinity.

Windows XP Home 32 Bit 2.8ghz, 3Ghz RAM. Latest Safari browser.

I have been working on LR for the 30 days trial period and have over 4000 images on there I need to access. I REALLY need to BUY this software.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Flash Player otherwise work for you: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ ?

What files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

Can you provide a URL where Flash Player is required to buy Lightroom 3?  When I go to the Lightroom 4 download, I do not see such a requirement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

Thank you for your reply.

I assume Flash Player works fine as I don't ever recall encountering any error messages to do with its functioning.

These are the files and folders found in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash:

FlashPlayer TrustFlash9f.ocxflash.ocxFlash Installflashplayer.xptFlashPlayerUpdateServiceFlashUtil9fFlashUtil32_11_2_202_235_Pl...installmms.cfgNPSWF32_11_2_202_235.dlluninstall_activeX

This is the URL I am directed to after I click 'buy' in Lightroom 3 trial software:http://www.adobe.com/help/en_us/flash_app_requirements.html?riareqerr=browser&refapp=/cfusion/store/...

Thank you,Eightysevens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if I try to buy LR4 I get directed to the same place, same loop scenario.

Aswell, why is there no Adobe staff working evenings or weekends?

It's very difficult to navigate around their site and even more difficult to get help.

I don't have access to mine or any other pc during my working hours and get home after 7pm, after the phone lines and chat lines are closed and all the Adobe staff have finished working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is weird; I am getting the same thing if I follow your link

fp6.PNG

This is definitely not a Flash Player issue; there is a problem with the Adobe download site.

I will move your topic to the download problems forum.  Most likely someone will answer you during after hours too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines