2 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2012 7:13 PM by TruuBeliever RSS

Basic questions. Accessing documents

TruuBeliever Community Member

Hello,

I have few very basic questions. I don't see an obvious way to access documents from within any CS6 app. Is this something that should be possible, or do files have to be uploaded/downloaded from the browser interface? I downloaded and installed trial versions of the Master Collection. When CS6 became available, it seemed to know I was a member because it no longer prompts me to "continue trial." However, several apps show as not installed in the download manager accessable from within CC.

Also, what does the subscription include as far as website publishing. Five sites is what the literature says. Is this five trial sites. I have a site I setup as a test. It's accessable through xxxx.businesscatalyst.com, but when I click "push to live" I am promoted to choose a monthly plan. I really don't need the service, but just curious what level is included.

Also, also, while I can access the creative cloud and it shows 20gb and all apps, my account shows nothing about being a Creative Cloud member.

Sorry for these basic questions.

-Hugh

• 1. Re: Basic questions. Accessing documents
          David__B Employee Hosts

Hi Hugh,

For accessing documents within the CS6 apps, you could go through cloud storage if you wanted to transfer between locations or computers but saving your work to the computers HD is the same as past versions.

I haven't tested using the Master Collection myself but I would be curious if you launch one of the products which show as not installed within the Adobe Application Manager window does it show as being a trial still? Does just launching make any difference?

For the website question, I was wondering if it might be because you weren't signed in to Muse with your Adobe ID, it should be the same one as Creative Cloud.

Did you receive an email saying that your subscription service was activated? Are you logged into the Creative Cloud website with the same Adobe ID? It almost sounds like you are not signed in or the subscription is not activated?

Also try clearing your browser cache, closing and reopening the browser, oddly enough I've heard that can make a difference in some cases.

Nothing wrong with basic questions, I often have many myself.

-Dave

• 2. Re: Basic questions. Accessing documents
            TruuBeliever Community Member

Hi David,

Getting a lot of email time with you. Thank you for being helpful. I have one Adobe ID. Answers to your questions below:

For accessing documents within the CS6 apps, you could go through cloud storage if you wanted to transfer between locations or computers but saving your work to the computers HD is the same as past versions.

OK, I must be dense. I don't see an obvious way to transfer. Don't need a full tutorial, just point me to a menu item or window tab or anyplace. I'll figure it out from there.

I haven't tested using the Master Collection myself but I would be curious if you launch one of the products which show as not installed within the Adobe Application Manager window does it show as being a trial still? Does just launching make any difference?

No, the apps launch without the 30-day trial notice. Everything seems to be working normally except for not showing as installed through the CC site.

I did install the Master Collection trial Thursday night expecting the launch of CC to be delayed or on California time (East Coast here). Launched a few apps before discovering access (actually a little before midnight--good job). It seems the apps I launched before the service went live are the apps that display as not installed. But not 100-percent sure.

For the website question, I was wondering if it might be because you weren't signed in to Muse with your Adobe ID, it should be the same one as Creative Cloud.

I was promoted to login at the Business Catalyst site from the "manage" link in CC (same with typekit--every time I access)--same (and only) Adobe ID I have. I was also logged in through Muse. I'm sure of that.

Did you receive an email saying that your subscription service was activated? Are you logged into the Creative Cloud website with the same Adobe ID? It almost sounds like you are not signed in or the subscription is not activated?

Other than a few phone calls and online chats with folks at Adobe, this forum is the only (semi) official notification I've recieved. When I called the Customer Service number, the rep told me it would automatically convert (which it seems to have done since I can access and download). But the rep (nore online chat sessions) ask for my Adobe ID.

I checked my spam folder, etc., to make sure nothing was missed from Adobe. Nothing received. As an FYI, I did get the auto notice telling me I was charged for the monthly Design Premium 5.5 subscription on May 10 (just like clockwork).

Also try clearing your browser cache, closing and reopening the browser, oddly enough I've heard that can make a difference in some cases.

I'll try that. Also read elsewhere that uninstalling and reinstalling has helped with other issues. Also read about deleting config files to cause CS6 to reset. Haven't tried it. Would like to know my subsciption status first.

OK, so another basic question, How do I activate my subscription. Call customer service again? Some place on the website? Friends at Adobe ;-)

Thanks much.

-Hugh

BTW, I'm very happy with CS6 so far. Being super productive since Friday night. Not getting much sleep, but having a lot of fun learning/developing some pretty cool stuff.