Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can I launch a new workflow process from a URL?

Level 2

I have task notification turned on and see how I can launch Workspace opening directly to an existing task, as here:

http://mysite.com:8080/workspace/Main.html?ap=1&taskId=922

Can I do the same thing for initiating a brand new task for a given process?

Thanks,

Jack

5 Replies

Former Community Member

You can use the REST startpoint to launch a process. The URL will be /rest/services/{Application Name}/{Service Name}:{version} and you can omit version to run the latest. It will prompt for a log in unless you configure the process to run as a system ID.

Level 2

That launches a service-type process, but I want to launch a process in Workspace, with a form. I don't think that's what you're describing here.

Former Community Member

I was describing launching a new workflow process from a URL. You can put that URL as what a form submits to. You can create one rest service to serve up a form and another for the URL to submit to. TO serve a form from a rest webservice, it's single output variable would be of type document and contain the PDF. The form will be opened directly in a browser window, not in Workspace. You can automatically take the user back to Workspace with submit of the form though. Create a document variable in the submit process as ouput. Set it's content type to text/html. Set the content to html containing JavaScript that redirects to Workspace. If security is left to require a login to see the first form served by the process, the user had to log in. They will then not be prompted to log in to workspace.

Level 10

It's simple. See the documentation of configuring task functionalities at this link: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/workbenchHelp/help.html?topic=000097&topic=000238.

The topic "Workspace ES2 URL parameters" explains about various query parameters can be used.

syntax:  

Hope that helps.

Nith

Former Community Member

Hi Nith,

May I ask if the following is possible to do in LiveCycle ES?

e.g. ProcessA route to JohnSmith for approval, when John approved it, it will route to two different group of people, one to approve the running processA and the other one is to link to open another form to fill and submit to other people for approval.

Thanks in advance,

HD