2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2013 4:22 PM by NicolasLeclair Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Creating text and text frames

community help Community Member

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/indesign/cs/using/WSa285fff53dea4f8617383751001ea8cb3f-6fb2a.h tml

• 1. Re:  Creating text and text frames
          Leandro Reis Adobe Employee

"Use tate-chu-yoko" and "Rotate half-width characters in vertical text" links are broken, please update.

• 2. Re:  Creating text and text frames
            NicolasLeclair

I did try to experiment and verify this detail with Baseline grid, but no precedence seems to apply :

«If Grids In Back is selected in Grids Preferences, then frame-based baseline grids take precedence over document-based baseline grids. If Grids In Back is not selected, then document-based baseline grids take precedence over frame-based baseline grids.»

I have tried with (in all examples the text align to baseline grid have been verified)

• a text box with a custom baseline grid and a baseline grid for the document (both with different increments),

• a text box WITHOUT a custom baseline grid OVER a text box with a custom baseline grid and a baseline grid for the document (both with different increments)

In any way I could have experiment some layer taking precedence on the other.

Is there something i'm missing ?

Regards,