• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

getting“timeout” error (popup stating RH will timeout) when viewing published project

New Here ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why some viewers are getting“timeout” error (popup stating RH will timeout) when viewing published project?

The individuals having the issue access the RH project via citrix server.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I assume that you’re using WebHelp. A time out usually means that the server doesn’t serve the pages fast enough. Or it may be that the scripts take too long to execute. Check your SSL settings. Is the speed optimized for a Web Site or for a local network? When local network is selected, try with optimizing speed for WebSite.

If this doesn’t help: Exactly when doe the timeout occur? Is it only with certain actions such as searching? Can this be Citrix’s fault? Are there problems with other websites as well?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I publish Web Help Pro so I’m not sure I can check the SSL settings like you can for Web Help. Web help is set for Web Site (optimized speed).

We are also checking to see if this is ‘strictly’ related to Citrix server or if it is related to the way they have to access applications via Citrix.

I was just trying to rule out it was RH related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're creating the Pro flavour, then you have to have RH Server on the machine where it's published, you know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know and RH Server is on the machine where project is published.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking - lots of people see "Pro" & think it's somehow a "better" version of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I publish as Web Help Pro as we have RH Engine to generate reports, etc., where I don’t have that benefit if I publish as Web Help so I’m told.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might be worth adding your versions of RoboHelp and RoboHelp Server to the thread.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp