• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Muse

New Here ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received an email tonight from Adobe saying my 1 year subscription to Muse was ready (I had pre-ordered it).  Great!

I install the new application manager then I went to click on Muse and install it.  Great... then it says "Further Account Information is required to use Adobe Muse".  So I click OK and once again log in.

Then it repeats over and over and over. It doesn't say the username/password are wrong.  It just says the same thing over and over again: 

"Further Account Information is required to use Adobe Muse"

So I quit it and I see that Muse is installed.  So I run it and the same thing happens... it askes over and over for my username and password.

I know it is right because I used it to log in here to complain about this problem 

I also have CS6 Production Premium installed.

This is just one among a number of problems that Adobe seems to be having on the backend.  What is going on over there do they need someone to perform an exorcism on their servers or something??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Good News! I think my problem has been resolved. Adobe tech support asked that I go to the  c:\Users\<username>\Local\AppData\OOBE\ and copy the opm.db to my desktop and delete the file from the directory. After doing that, I am now able to launch Adobe Muse. I hope this marks the end of my subscription/Muse problems! Thanks! 

one note, my file was not located in the above directory, but was in the c:\users\<username>\appdata\local\adobe\oobE

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the look of it it is possible that the product is unable to contact the server. I wonder if you might be behind a firewall or proxy.

Is there something on your computer that could prevent the product to connect to the internet?

If you share some more information, it'll help figure out the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Norton Internet Security 2012 as a firewall.  I went into the network setting and turned the firewall off and tried get Muse to authenticate.  That did not work.   I am sitting behind a Netgear router at home that has nothing 'special' about it set.

I installed CS6 Production Premium (download) earlier in the week and had no problem authenticating it and none of my settings have changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also to note, the Adobe Application Manager authenticates just fine.   I am able to sign out and back in without any problems.

I also should mention that I had the pre-release version of Muse on my machine but had de-installed it just prior to downloading the released version.

Just in case any of that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried the following and it still did not work:

1. I uninstalled Muse
  2. I ran Adobe Application manager
  3. I clicked my name in the upper left and selected "sign out"
  4. I exited Adobe Application manager
  5. I clicked on the Adobe Application Manager
  6. It prompted me to sign in
  7. I successfully signed in to Adobe Application manager
  8. I scrolled down and clicked "Install" next to Muse
  9. Muse installed and I clicked "launch app"
  10. Muse said "Further Account information is required to use Adobe Muse"
  11. Clicked next and gave username and password
  12. It repeats the prompt from step 10 for Further account information. It doesn't say the username and password are wrong.

muse.png

If you would like I can run a network sniffer and give you the actual packets going to and from the Muse application if you'd like. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Connection to Adobe servers is ok, becose if you type wrong password, Muse says: "The password you entered does not match your Adobe ID."

If you type true password, Muse ask it again and again...

So problem still active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Juerg_Streckeisen and Denbo68 can you both please try logging in with your Adobe ID at Adobe.com.  Also Denbo68 do you have a Creative Cloud subscription?  Finally to confirm Juerg_Streckeisen you have a subscription to Muse itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can login to Adobe.com without problem, and I have subscribtion on one year to Muse. 

order.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I logged into Adobe.com successfully.

As for the question do I have a Creative Cloud subscription I do have a Creative Cloud account that I was forced to create in order to install Muse.   I chose the 'free' account.

I can log into it as well (and uploaded a file) as you can see from the screenshot

ccacct.PNG

However the Adobe CS6 Production I have installed on my PC was a straight upgrade/download.  They are not part of a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm what Juerg says.  I tried logging in with a bad password and received "The password you entered does not match your Adobe ID."   So at some level authentication is working.

On yet another note, when I go in to uninstall Muse I noticed that there were TWO instances in the control panel.  One labeled version 1.0 and the other 1.0.948.   I uninstalled both of them and tried to install again.  When I do I get the same two instances.   None of the other Adobe apps I have (CS6 Production suite) behave in this manner.

Here is a screenshot:

afterinstall.PNG

I DID uninstall both of these instances prior to re-installing (in case tech support doesn't believe me here is the screenshot before I re-installed)

beforeinstall.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

I try login another account, and login successful!!! But I got a message:

Capture_1.JPG

So, I can't login account with subscribtion active, but I can login account without subscribtion!?

Any suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! After that I can login right now!

Problem resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still am having my problem however and I think it isn't going to be resolved today.   Wonder what the refund policy is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that many people have login problems are now being resolved Denbo68.  I have seen other reports that users who were having similar problems with their subscription are no longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I just tried again and I still am experiencing the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to install Muse on another PC with a clean install of Win7 (actually a VM running on my PC).   There are no other Adobe products on it.

I did not encounter any problem with this install so apparantly something on my PC is stopping this from completing its authentication.    All the CS6 apps and everything else authenticated fine so I just don't know what it is.

At this point I am throwing in the towel so just mark this as fixed or whatever I am going to ask for a refund. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Denbo68 it does seem odd that CS6 installed fine but you are having problems still with Muse.  Especially if it worked on another computer.  You may want to try the steps listed in Sign in or activation errors | CS6, CS5.5 Subscriptions, CS6 Perpetual - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html if you wish to investigate your difficulties further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, yeah it is strange. Even the Adobe Application manager signs in just fine.  

I've already asked for a refund for Muse so you can consider this closed or whatever.  I really wasn't fond of the idea of renting software anyway so this is probably a good thing.  

Had this authentication issue happened with Photoshop/After Effects/Premiere Pro I would have been furiously up in arms.  Muse is nice but there are many other alternatives to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Juerg and Denbo, can you both try logging in here and let us know if it is successful?

http://www.businesscatalyst.com/admin/Index.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't. "ERROR: Either your username, password or both are incorrect [ERROR: 1]."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carey a "strange" thing happens when I try your link.   I ALWAYS get the following the FIRST time I try your link:

buscat.PNG

But then if I try AGAIN I get in OK

buscat2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi team! I have the same problem with muse, with a cloud subscription

*-  I tried to log onto http://www.businesscatalyst.com/admin/Index.aspx and I can't enter

*-  I tried to assign another ID as commented above, nor I could.

I keep
waiting for solutions, thanks!

Rafael Tuduri

AUGM / ACP / AIP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rafael first have you reviewed this thread completely and tried everything suggested?  Second can you confirm that you are able to log into https://creative.adobe.com/ and have downloaded and installed other software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I explain my situation

* - I've checked everything mentioned in this thread

* - I've also reviewed: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

* - I installed other software and works well. Edge told me that was installed on 90-day trial. (only Edge)

* - the problem only appears in Windows 7 Pro. I tested on Mac and Win7 Home and works well. (Muse don't ask me my ID to use )

* - Once I login from mac, also allowed me to enter to: http://www.businesscatalyst.com/admin/Index.aspx (It seems I have test account or Partner. He invites me to upgrade) Is the right plan with cloud suscription?

* - I uninstalled everything, re-tested in Windows 7 Pro and I still can't enter in Muse. I have disabled firewall and antivirus.

THANKS FOR ALL, and sorry for my bad english (I'm spanish)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines