• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyword Search not acting as expected.

May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm using RoboHelp8 and generating WebHelp Pro to RoboServer8.  I'm trying to improve the end user's experience when using RoboHelp's keyword search.  I've found that even though I add a keyword term to a particular topic, that it does not appear in the list of topics returned.  In some cases, no topics are returned, even though I'm positive I have a assigned that keyword to plenty of topics.

Anyone out there experiencing this same problem?  Am I missing something here?  I switched from FlashHelp Pro to WebHelp Pro because the search feature in Flash wasn't working much at all.  The keyword search works much better in WebHelp Pro, but still trying to figure out this particular issue.

Ok experts, let me have it!!

Thanks

Lana

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lana

I think before anything worthwhile can be offered, we need to define exactly what it is you are doing and where you are doing it.

Where specifically did you add the keyword?

• In the Topic Properties on the General tab in the Keywords section?
  • In the Topic Properties on the Index tab?
  • In the Project Set-up pod in the External Content Search area? (RoboHelp 9)
  • In the Index designer pod?

Depending on your answer we can then move forward with sleuthing what may be happening.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick

From your list of choices above, the keywords were added "in the Topic Properties on the General tab in the keywords section."  We do use the index feature, adding topics for keywords as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Lana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp