Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Menu "Options"

Oct 23, 2006 Oct 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read a few messages in the forum about the Options menu, but they do not answer my question. My help file will be released with a software product. The developing company does not want its customers to ever have access to the Options menu of the Help chm.

If I can make it inaccessible through Windows file properties, why can't a user of the file use Windows file properties to access the Options menu?

Someone please explain how to prevent customer access to the Help 'Options' menu.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2006 Oct 25, 2006
That's why I said in my previous post:

If it is not, make sure HTML help is selected as the primary output then create a new window and you will see the option you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2006 Oct 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The display or otherwise of Options is controlled by selecting or not selecting the Options button in Window properties of RH. How is the user going to have access to that as they will not have RH installed on their computer.

Curious as to why the developing company wants to make the file less usable?
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see an Options button in the Window properites of RH. I do not see Window properties in RH. Please guide me with specifics. I see File > Project Settings, Edit > Properties and Tools > Options in the main menu for RoboHelp. I see nothing in the layouts found in the Project tab. The Windows folder in the Project tab has New Window, but no Options to select/deselect. I do not know where to look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have said check box, not button.

In RH Project Manager, expand Windows and double click Window you use. Options should be one of the check boxes you see.

If it is not, make sure HTML help is selected as the primary output then create a new window and you will see the option you are looking for.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp X4.1...perhaps that is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 25, 2006 Oct 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand "make sure HTML help is selected as the primary output." If this means generate the html help file, I did this. I looked at the Window (the only Window in the folder) and it does not have a check box for Options. It has four check boxes:Contents, Index, Search and Glossary. However, below the check boxes is Options...Browse Sequences is grayed out and Search Input Field in Toolbar can be checked. I checked Search Input Field in Toolbar and generated another chm file. Options remains in the main menu.

You must think I am stupid, because I sure feel it at this end!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out how to set HTML help as the primary output, but I still have no Options check box in the Window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That's why I said in my previous post:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp