1 2 Previous Next 47 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2015 6:12 PM by HarleyTDavis Go to original post RSS
      • 40. Re: Where is ProRes Export Setting?
        johnnyfriday Community Member

Don't think i don't appreciate your time on this....I'd love to solve it and been at it for a few years now...the big reason for my stock i'm now back in FCP.....just can't get the look to hold over. Works well, but it's also not native.

I'll be on your site now...much appreciated. and if for any reason you have the magic bullet...fire away.

thanks...johnny

*and you were a big help b the way....

• 41. Re: Where is ProRes Export Setting?
          Mr. Artz

I'm having  a similar issue: I'm using CS6 on a Mac and would like to output Apple Prores from Premiere Pro. I have Apple Compressor installed and the Codecs appear in /Library/Quicktime. However, I don't have the ProRes option when trying to export. How did you guys fix that? (see attached screen grab)

Screen Shot 2012-10-04 at 11.09.54 AM.png

• 42. Re: Where is ProRes Export Setting?
            J. Simon Community Member

ProRes should come up as a Codec option under the generic QuickTime export.

• 43. Re: Where is ProRes Export Setting?
              Mr. Artz Community Member

Thank you Jim, unfortunately it doesn't (see attached screen grab). Apple Intermediate as well as the Avid codecs show up, but not ProRes. Any suggestions?

• 44. Re: Where is ProRes Export Setting?
                JaysonM-Y Community Member

Did you ever have Final Cut Studio installed? If not, you would have to install their Pro Apps codec pack somehow. http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1396

• 45. Re: Where is ProRes Export Setting?
                  Mr. Artz Community Member

No, never had FCS installed, but installed Apple Compressor as well as downloaded the ProApps Apple Quicktime codec from their website.

It seems some people have been able to output Prores without having to buy Final Cut Pro.

• 47. Re: Where is ProRes Export Setting?
                    HarleyTDavis Community Member

You need to have the export setting installed somewhere in order to use prores.  Open the xport dialogue.  there should be an import button somewhere.  Once that's finished, the program will find the export module associated with the epr file and it should allow you to export.  Personally, I use AME to export... ...I close premiere, open AME and open the sequence from the file menu.  Once that's running in the background, I open premiere and move on (just don't make changes to the sequence).  If you're like me and work one project while another renders out, you'll use this method constant.  Adobe has made the export presets available to you on their website.  Google: Adobe media encoder (use your version-->cc or cs6) presets for Prores 422.  You'll find an adobe listing for your particular version and you can download the pack.  You can use these anywhere... ...You just have to know how to load them.  Import into AME anyway you like.  But for premiere, you could use 2 methods... ...try and import from the export dialogue, which may not work; or find the encoder presets in the apps runtime files (on a mac, it's in the packaging of the .app, so right click it, show package contents, contents folder, settings folder, Encoder Presets-->use a copy\paste to paste the epr files in this folder, do not place them in the sequence preview folder, leave that alone;;;;; on a pc, it will be in the program files, under the premiere folder, in a similar structure... ...possibly even named the same.  If you have the qt components for prores installed on your pc somewhere, it will find them).

1 2 Previous Next