• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition CS6 CD Tracks

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get CD track markers to convert to CD tracks in Audition CS6. For years I've used Audition 3 and was able to put CD track markers into an audio file in Edit view, and then right click on the file, select "Insert into CD List" and have a complete list show up in the CD view. From there I could select "Write CD" and create a disc.

Now, with Audition CS6 I'm able to put in the CD track markers, and can even see them in the markers list as CD track markers, but when I go to the CD Editor view only the entire audio file appears. So I was wondering how I get the markers to appear in the CD Editor view in the same way they would show up in the CD view in Audition 3. I'm hoping someone has an answer to this as I haven't been able to find anything about it in the help files or on these forums. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Burning multiple tracks from a single file is a little trickier, but there IS a method to the madness.  The bottom line is that placing track markers alone is only the first step; when you're done doing that, you need to select all relevant markers in the markers panel and press the MERGE button.  That gives your track markers a time range.  Alternatively, you can give your marker a time range when you first create it by making a time selection, THEN adding the marker.

Once your tracks have ranges, you can right-click on a track marker in the markers panel and see that it's now possible to add that track to a new or existing CD layout.

It's late, so I hope my explanation makes some sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, MusicConductor, that's very helpful and clearly explains the new process for marking CD tracks.  It took me a few tries and didn't altogether work until I also put track markers in at the beginning and end of the full recording, which is different than the process in Audition 3 when these beginning and ending markers weren't necessary. These extra markers seem to vanish when I merge all the tracks to give them time ranges, so I guess they're only necessary to fully define the time ranges for each track, including the first and last tracks. But let me know if there's something I'm missing about this.

In any case, thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds to me like you've got it down pat.  Yes, you need a marker at the end of the final track that will disappear when you "merge."  However, if you create track markers while a range is highlighted (my alternate method previously mentioned) then merging and extra final markers aren't necessary.  The first marker in a file, as you now see, is where your first possible track can be drawn from; technically this doesn't have to be the begnning of the file, although it's only going to be helpful to place the first track later if you really intend to throw the initial audio out.  I'm rambling.  Anyway, sounds to me like you're clearly headed down the right track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure how you got it to work before in AA3 because that too needs a marker at the start and end of the audio file as well as the intermediate track markers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I never had to add start and end markers in AA3. I was able to add track markers where I wanted breaks within the file and the markers would transfer with the file and appear in order in the CD layout view. At least that worked for me. So I wonder if AA3 automatically placed markers at the beginning and end of the file when other track markers were added within the file. In any case, I'm glad to have a couple of methods for doing this in AA6, even though it requires an extra step or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2012 Nov 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate having to do it this way now.

Before, All I had to do was set my markers and drag the waveform into the CD window. Voila! Tracks ready to burn to CD.

Now, after setting markers:

- you have to remember to set yet ANOTHER marker at the end

- THEN you have to go to the "Markers" View

- THEN, select all markers and

- THEN "Merge" them.

- THEN, you put the file into the CD View.

SHEESH!

This is a TERRIBLE work-flow waste of time, when the earlier version was just create the markers and place in the CD view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, before you just clicked on the CD tab to get there. Now it's a two-click process:

1. Click Menu item "View"

2. Click "CD Editor"

Optionally you can right-click on the waveform and select "Insert into CD Layout". But, I often have occasion to toggle back and forth between the waveform and the CD window, not desireing an "Insert".

But, taking away the CD Tab, when finally putting your project to CD is a crucial final step, is just so counter-intuitive, to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where I said: "- THEN, you put the file into the CD View."

Actually ... you don't place the file into CD view. You select the markers and insert THEM into CD view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get as ar as being able to mere but than nothing works after that.

What program are you using that has CD view or Insert into CD layout?

Thanks,

Ty Ford

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 17, 2012 Nov 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ty Ford wrote:

I get as ar as being able to mere but than nothing works after that.

What program are you using that has CD view or Insert into CD layout?

Thanks,

Ty Ford

Audition CS6, as the original post says!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CS5.5 it was very inappropriately missing. We are talking abot CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP,

Right you are and THIS changes everything. As a Mac user, I am a late comer to the Audition party. This one feature alone is quite the game changer.

I've just burned my first CD with overlapping cuts and it went perfectly. Is there a way in the metadata or elsewhere to edit track names? I have it on the CD list, but the CD and BD drives in my Mac only see the tracks as track 1, 2 etc.

Very impressed and that's not easy to do.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Ty Ford

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well crap, after success last month, I'm back in the weeds again.

I have added my markers, merged them in the markers panel and opened a new CD layout, but the markers won't drag to the CD layout window.

What am I not doing?

Thanks,

Ty Ford

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you change all the "Cue" markers to "CD Track" in the Markers Panel (assuming the Mac version works as the PC one does)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've tried it both ways, but yes, most recently changed them to CD track. This is wierd since it worked very well last month when I tried it. And yes, I'm on anmac.

Thanks,

Ty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man, this helped me out as well. I was also confused as to what had changed from CS3 to CS6. I'm hoping you can help me out with one more thing though. I can't figure out at all how I can edit the artist and title fields for each track in my CD view. It's been driving me crazy because I don't want the tracks to be burned as Track 1, Track 2, etc. In version 3, you could just double click on each track and edit those fields, as well as set the pause between tracks. I can't find this functionality in CS6. I tried looking at the metadata window, but that just seems to use that for all tracks, instead of individual tracks.

You'd be a lifesaver if you could help me out with this!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news?

I am also surprised where to find the index markers... seems they disappeared on CS6 while on A3 it was present...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Undutchable

The track name should be added on the markers (on each one). So the marker name will be the track name. Also note that in the Preferences > Markers & Metadata you can set the other data. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the highlighted answer it says:

Once your tracks have ranges, you can right-click on a track marker in the markers panel and see that it's now possible to add that track to a new or existing CD layout.

I am not seeing that. When I right-click on the CD track marker in the markers panel the "Insert into CD layout" command is greyed out.

Aud-cs6-CD-problem.gif

Any advice? I just want to burn a CD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your screen shot, the problem seems to be that you have not highlighted any of the markers.  Once highlighted (and you can highlight all of them) the option to Insert into CD Layout should be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but it's not that. "Insert into CD Layout" isn't active even when I select one or several tracks. See attached with all tracks selected. (You have to click on the image to see the correct colours. Only then you can see the highlighted tracks.)

Untitled-1.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a piece written in the manual about this process? I have also had problems getting CD burning to work, especailly when using markers as precursors to track numbers. The documentation seems sparse. What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that you have selected them, click the "Merge Selected Markers" item.

Steps (with CD Markers created in the Wav file) :

- Go to the "Markers" View

- THEN, select all markers and

- THEN "Merge" them.

- THEN, select the markers and insert THEM into CD view

I noticed other icons are grayed out in your image, but not the Merge Selected Markers icon. I don't know why that is.

See my image. None of my icons are grayed out:

AdobeAudition_CDMarkers.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think your "order" of working is right, sorry!

The usual process is to create all the markers (presumably one at the beginning of each track) AND one at the very end of the last track.

Select them all on the Markers panel.

"Merge" them, which has the "effect" of removing that last "end" marker from the list.

Change each marker "Type" to "CD Track"

"Insert into CD Layout"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines