7 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2012 10:56 PM by Dpakch RSS

Automatically attach JPGs to image fields

jackson.chen1101

Dear All,

I create a form with multi text fields and multi image fields. Each text field contains the full path name of related image file. Is it possible to write a routine in form to automatically attach image files into respective image fields. This function should be automattically activated when opening PDF.

It will be appreciated if someone has similar codes can be shared.

Thanks

Jackson

• 1. Re: Automatically attach JPGs to image fields
          Dpakch Adobe Employee

Please try. Hope this helps.

On the Accessibility tab type in the tooltip field the path of the image and you can use "Image1.assist.toolTip.value" to get the value.

- Also on form: ready of the image use "Image1.value.image.href = Image1.assist.toolTip.value;" where the tooltip is set to the path of the image.

Regards,

Deepak

• 2. Re: Automatically attach JPGs to image fields
            jackson.chen1101 Community Member

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried the following, but it didn't work.

1. I created a new form in LiveCycle Designer ES2

2. Insert a text field and an image file

3. Set the text field default to image path (C:\Users\jackson.chen\Pictures\2011-03-12\002.JPG)

4. Click Image file, and select Form:Ready* in Script Editor

5. Enter script : ImageField1.value.image.href = TextField1.rawValue ;

6. Save the PDF

The image field still get nothing displayed. I tried to use Imagefield1.assist.toolTip.value, but it displays nothing either.

Please let me know where I've missed.

Thanks,

Jackson

• 3. Re: Automatically attach JPGs to image fields
              Dpakch Adobe Employee

Jackson,

I have created a sample form for you. Could you please check, and let me know is this what you are looking for ?

https://acrobat.com/#d=NRF3GhyC6KqBS6mDZhKOvQ

Regards,

• 4. Re: Automatically attach JPGs to image fields

Hi Deepad,

Thanks for your sample image.pdf.

For unknown reason, I cannot still see the image in your PDF. I can see the LC logo if I paste the http link to IE. Is there something to do with From Properties?

I've created a imagetest.pdf which has one text field and one image field. Please take a look, but the image can not be displayed either.

My image file is not in http but right in c drive.

ftp.bentley.com/pub/outgoing/Imagetest.pdf

Appreciated your help.

Jackson

• 5. Re: Automatically attach JPGs to image fields
                  Dpakch Adobe Employee

Jackson,

I investigated more about this issue.Here's what I would like to say.

In the case of a dynamic document, all href's are removed and replaced with the actual base64 encoded data, embedded into the xdp.  This is done so that the image will be available at runtime Acrobat when regenerate the document.  If we left it as an href, one wouldn't be able to view the document online, and even if you were online, one could run into trust manager issues, by trying to fetch a link that was not trusted.  This is as designed.  If you open the document in designer, you will notice there is no longer an href, and if you view the source, you will see the embedded data in it's place.

Regards,

• 6. Re: Automatically attach JPGs to image fields

Hi Deepad,

I' don't think I understand these href, xdp and dynamic form, etc.

My intention is to manually enter an image path in text field, and have image field to get this path and display the image. Also, when this PDF saved and send to someone else, he can still view this image without having this physical image file.

Is there a easy way we can do this either in LiveCycle Designer or Adobe pro? Can we use static form?

Thanks for thelp

• 7. Re: Automatically attach JPGs to image fields
                      Dpakch Adobe Employee

Jackson,

The only option, I can suggest is to use the URL on the option in the image field (Object Palette), and check the "Embed Image Data" checkbox to embed the image in form.

I am sure you are already were of this. Static form will not help.

Regards,