• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Order for installation?

New Here ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unsure of what order to tackle this installation issue: husband and I have an older iMac with CS4 Creative Suite Design Standard installed on it. (He was a student when we installed it originally so we qualified for the student version, but I have read that we retain upgrade rights to a commercial version even now when he is no longer a student). We purchased the upgrade to CS5.5 recently enough that we qualify for the free upgrade to CS6, but we also bought a new MacBook Pro this weekend. Since we don't get the free upgrade to CS6 for 10 days, I want to go ahead and install CS5.5 on the MacBook Pro now because it has nothing on it. Do I need to install CS4 on the laptop first or can the upgrades run independently when you install them on a fresh machine? And will there be an issue trying to install CS6 on both a laptop and a desktop? Only one computer will be using the software at a time. Also, we own Lightroom 4, but since we have the new Canon Mark III camera, we need to use the beta 4.1 or 4.2 versions of Lightroom. Can they be installed on their own or do I have to first install the original CS4 version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops- I meant Lightroom 4, not CS4, in that last sentence and am unable to edit the question from my mobile device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you install Creative Suite 5.5 you will be asked to enter your qualifying serial number.  At that time you will want to enter your Creative Suite 4 serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff. And is the Creative Suite 5.5 version in the box the latest version of 5.5 or will I need to go to Adobe.com to download the current version that supports my new camera anyway so that I should bypass the version in the box? Also, will it be a problem to download them on two computers (a desktop and a laptop)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are updates available for many of the CS5.5 products.  Beyond that I would recommend posting your inquiries to the forum specific for that product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, regarding my Lightroom installation, I went to Adobe.com and downloaded the 4.1 RC 2 version (because the current Lightroom 4 that I own on my on my desktop does not support my new camera, the Canon Mark III) onto my brand new laptop, and no serial numbers were ever requested! What does this mean? Are release candidate versions the real thing? Why would they be available for downloading without proof of purchase? Will any work I do using the release candidate be saved once the next version is official? I am trying to avoid a million copies of the program cluttering my drive and creating communication issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can think of is that I am logged on to Adobe.com currently and since I purchased Lightroom through Adobe.com originally, it knew who I was even though I arrived at the download page via an external link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry SaltyRavenStudio are you still discussing trying to get a Camera Raw update or are you trying to download Lightroom 4?  I am a bit confused what you are asking for at the moment.  If you do have questions about Camera RAW and Lightroom you would want to post those inquiries into the Photoshop Lightroom forum - http://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SaltyRavenStudio wrote:

...no serial numbers were ever requested! What does this mean? Are release candidate versions the real thing? Why would they be available for downloading without proof of purchase? Will any work I do using the release candidate be saved once the next version is official? I am trying to avoid a million copies of the program cluttering my drive and creating communication issues.

Beta's are free to the public for a specific time in my experience. Once you get the official upgrade, all your edits will carry over without a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines