Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about CFB2 Feature

Explorer ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying out CFB2 and I was wondering if there is a way for me to point to a function and go to the place where it's defined?

Also, the built-in ftp seems to be extremely slow (over 30seconds to upload a file).  Is this normal?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

You can jump to the function definition by CTRL+Click on the function call.

-Ram

Adobe ColdFusion Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can jump to the function definition by CTRL+Click on the function call.

-Ram

Adobe ColdFusion Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ram,

Thanks, that works.  It took a while for the blue underline to come on which is why I thought it was not working when I tried it before.

I am coming from DW5.5, and one of the things I am having a hard time adjusting in CFB is the code assist.  It often does not appear, particularly when I type too fast.    So I often would have to pause or backspace in order to trigger the code assist to come up.  I have set the preference for the code assist delay to 0, but it is still quite inconsistent.

Also, any thought on my ftp issue?  Why is it so slow?

All in all, I like CFB2 so far.  I haven't checked out all the functionalities I need, like version control and code compare. I must say though that DW feels smoother, more polished and more solid. 

Thanks,

minli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can trigger code assist by CTRL+SPACE also. ColdFusion Builder has to parse the file before displaying code assist, and to improve the performance, it parses the file only after there is a short pause in typing, or when it is manualy triggered by ctrl+space.

Regarding FTP, are you saying FTP in CFB is slower than in other products? I don't think we have observed terrible performance issues with FTP in our testing.

-Ram

Adobe ColdFusion Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation