5 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2012 8:24 AM by -Subbi RSS

Using Photos from Events on iPad?

Selim_ Community Member

Hi,

I seem to be not able to access photos from the Events section of the Photo App on the iPad. Events are photos I synced via Aperture. The only options I have to chose from are Photos or Photo Stream. Is this a limitation or is there a trick I'm missing.

Thanks,

Selim

• 1. Re: Using Photos from Events on iPad?
          -Subbi Adobe Employee

Selim,

Do you mean that you are not able to access the Photos from a particular folder into Adobe Collage?

Thanks

-Subbi

• 2. Re: Using Photos from Events on iPad?
            Selim_ Community Member

Yes. When I go in Collage to Photo Library to add photos, the only folders which show up are Camera Roll and Photo Stream. None of the Event folders are visible.

Selim

• 3. Re: Using Photos from Events on iPad?
              -Subbi Adobe Employee

Selim,

Are you able to see you Images/Albums on the iPad and are you able to import it any other app? If the photos are available in the Photo library of iPad it should show up in Collage.

I installed Aperture, imported some images created an Album of these images. After this when I synced the photos from Aperture, it started showing up on my iPad and was available for import from within Collage.

One issue that i encountered was that of 'Sync failure', but that was resolved by tweaking the Aperture preferences setting.

-Subbi

• 4. Re: Using Photos from Events on iPad?
                Selim_ Community Member

Hi Subbi,

It's not Albums I'm syncing over from Aperture. It's Projects! They come up as Event folders on the iPad Photo App. Other Applications (SketchBook, Comic Life) seem to see those Event folders, and I can import photos into the App.

Thanks,

Selim

• 5. Re: Using Photos from Events on iPad?
                  -Subbi Adobe Employee

Hi Selim,

Yes, the data from the Aperture Projects do not show up in the Import for Collage. However if you tag the same and bring it under any Album, you would be able to import them in Collage.

But yes, it would be great if we are able to import it directly as done by SketchBook, or for that matter even 'Adobe Ideas'.

-Subbi