• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is adobe flash player 11.2.202.228 not working on any of my computers or browsers?

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to go on youtube, or any other online video, and the player screen is always black or non-existent. I try this on two different types of macs, and a dell. I tried on IE, Chrome, Fire Fox, and Safari. I right click on where the play screen should be, and it gives me two options: Movie not loaded... (in grey text), and, About Adobe Flash Player 11.2.202.228. How can I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

rwrose298 wrote:

displays a green picture area.

This indicates that you may be running an outdated graphics driver version; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try clearing your cache to see if that helps?

How do I clear my Flash Player cache and settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here are some other sites that the new Flash Player does not function on:

http://www.rainbird.com/homeowner/support/video-RotorArcAdjust.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGjx__-Pyho

This is now the usual Adobe way of delovering code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no problem viewing either video with 11.2 on Win7 with Chrome.  Can you give us some more details on your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system is Windows 7 64bit, 6GIG, IE9 (9.0.8112.16421) Update version 9.0.6 KB2675157. Just install Chrome and the sites worked fine too. In my IE9 the Rainbird site thinks the Flash is out of date (newer version). The other site displayed the video as a green screen. The green display occurs on Hulu and Amazon. Thank you for your response and time. Hope this information can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you verify that IE is setup correctly for Flash Player?  The green screen issue sounds like hardware acceleration but I'd like to check this first.

Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I followed your URLs, The Rainbird site now functions after I disable and enable Flash and I checked and uncheck Active-X. The UTube site still displays a green picture area. The ad displays without a problem and pictures display (thumbnails) as I slide the along the time status bar. From your first URL my system is running 235 not 228, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for your time and I hope this helps you. Reading your text the images that I am getting from your URL, do not match the text. The images look like screen shots from an audio application.

I do not see a white box with a red X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rwrose298 wrote:

displays a green picture area.

This indicates that you may be running an outdated graphics driver version; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your assistance, all of you. That appears to have corrected the problem I was having. I thought I was running the latest video drive, but I wasn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines